Released: xxth of Xxxxx, 201X
- New modes: Team Last Swiss Standing, Team Pistol Frenzy
- New bot modes: Pistol Frenzy, Last Swiss Standing, Team Survivor, Team One Shot One Kill, Survival
- New shotgun behaviour
- Knife ignores armour
- Carbine "pierces" and ignores some armour
- Password prompt
- Burst shot mode for automatic weapons
- New maps: ac_edifice, ac_industrial, ac_stellar
- Timelimit is voteable
- Private chat (key N)
- Demo compatibility mode
Released: 15th of November, 2010
- URL protocol assaultcube://
Released: 10th of October, 2010
- Time updates now given in milliseconds; HUD clock added
- Armour tune-up
- Editmode sparklies for entities are colourized.
- removed jpeglib dependency
- random map at engine start
Released: 20th of August, 2010
- PNG screenshot support
- linux filesystem space available checks
- support for authentification (AUTH) via masterserver
Released: 9th of August, 2010
- Changed default ban behaviour
Released: 4th of August, 2010
- new mastermode 'match'
- real spectators
- survivor and team survivor now spawn one pickup group during every round (announce after 5 seconds, spawn after 15 seconds)
- removed the possibility to throw nades during arena intermission (in team modes)
- join multiplayer games always as spectator (like classic deathcam: press attack to spawn into an active team)
- bot modes are still working ;)
- new VoiceComs
- anti cheat
- always record demos
- simplified server wizard (no more 'masterserver'-question)
- record all team chat messages
- chat message distribution for spectators and mastermode 'match'
- add 'minutes remaining' to the filenames of aborted demo recordings
- include list of players in demo header
- discard demos with less than 10 seconds
- blank out some CSL info during match mode
- collect uplink quality statistics
- akimbo bug fixed
- IRCify: support /me, highlighting, /ignore & /muteplayer
- map preview pictures in map menu
- favourite icons in serverbrowser
- show server bandwidth quality in serverbrowser
- support F5 in serverinfo-display, and F2 ;)
- optional old-fashioned gunstat display
- support alternative fonts in menus
- improved radarimage and ability to save it to file (mapshot)
- extended colour-palette for text output
- included a number of event-hooks for CubeScript
- added interactive sensitivy-trainer (findsens)
- allow starting maps/demos via CLI parameters (--loadmap & --loaddemo)
- mapshrink: reduce the world size (undo 'mapenlarge')
- movemap: move the whole map in any direction
- selectionrotate: rotate the selected map area in 90 degree steps
- selectionflip: mirror the selected map area at the x- or y-axis
- new playerclip-entity: define no-go areas where nades can be thrown through
- entity sparklies can be shown/hidden in groups
- cleaned up entity.h
- new playerskin handling (change only on respawn)
- fully server-side team management
- new masterserver also uses ENet now
- i18n capabilities added; ATM only german translation provided
- assist writing of missing reference entries
Released: 15th of June, 2009
- serverbrowser favourites
- use your own maxroll when spectating (/maxrollremote 1)
- optional timestamps for console output
- support "--version" & "--protocol" commandline switches
- show extended serverinfo
- optional disabling of manual favourites editing
- Fix: end flag music when getting teamkilled
- Fix: fix ping of connected server after scoreboard display
- Fix: show mapname in getmap menu
- Fix: fix crash on calling votes from autoexec
- Fix: fix custom player skin assignment
- Fix: fix custom player skin for own playermodel
- Fix: settings menu glitch
- support linux file logging
- configurable logging levels for syslog and file logging
- optional timestamps for console and file logs
- deny sendmap if the map is read only
- check server config files (file length) every minute
- support syslog on windows and Mac
- provide extended serverinfo
- Fix: fix logging on windows servers
- Fix: fix voting during map changes
- Fix: fix kick & forceteam votes
- Fix: fix vanishing flag on Mac servers
Released: 18th of May, 2009
- optimized graphics rendering
- option to enable custom player skins in non-team modes only
- show mapmsg on loading screen
- allow changing team when dead (but not spectating)
- identify modded servers (negative protocol number) in serverbrowser
- allow change of menu selection background color
- new command: editmapmsg, menuinitselection, menuselectionbgcolor
- skymap menu
- ac_gothic waypoints
- added hook for map-pack integration
- added texreduce + upped scopefov limit to 60
- colored pj
- more convenient demo handling
- edit mode: select overlapping map entities; select entities by type; move entities; cycle through playerstart entities
- optionally render mapmodel clipping in editmode; print entity statistics
- convenient moving/changing of map entities
- new commands to connect to modded servers
- fix menuitemvar
- match slider width with width of text input fields + better usage of text input field width
- fix crouching on too thin clip entities
- fix 'shooting players behind you'
- fix nade crashes
- fix "health value stays on edittoggle"
- fix gunfire rates vs. fps
- nickname blacklist & nickname whitelist
- give autoban priority over autokick
- new make target 'server_install' with reduced dependencies
- new server commandline parameter '-F' to choose syslog facility
- read server commandline arguments from a file
- check for map-collisions serverside; log collisions
- detect and log remote item and flag pickups
- log attempts to pickup disabled items
- log masterserver reply
- log teamkill stats
- log client ping
- misc additional logging
- keep saved scores after failed connects
- fix distribution of maps without cfg-file
- allow tabs in maprot.cfg and serverpwd.cfg
- block connects to full passworded servers
Released: 30th of December, 2008
- More detailed server info in serverbrowser (mastermode, ban, time remaining)
- More sorting modes in serverbrowser
- Nickname search over all servers
- Keep track of selected server
- Hook for custom connect scripts added
- Close all menus at arena round start
- Nice filenames for screenshots and demos
- Ask to download different map versions from server
- Make sure connect packets are reliable
- Don't self-shadow dynamic entities
- Fixed weapon glitches, recoil
- Echo a reminder of your picked vote
- Enforce scoreboard during intermission
- Compatibility for old showscores command
- 'disconnect bug' fixed
- Blacklist fixed
- Connect new players to the smaller or weaker team
- Write client's AC version in the sever log
- Allow only matching mode/map combinations for non-admins (optionally)
- Updated extinfo protocol version to 104 (csl)
- Fix 'spawn with nades' exploit (bug 2405105)
- Skip maprot entry if map is not found on server
- Moved official maps to packages/maps/official
- New commandline parameter to set the log identity
- Bugfixes, cleanups
Released: 12th of December, 2008
- New maps: ac_douze, ac_gothic, ac_wasteland and ac_depot_classic
- Slightly less SMG recoil
- Restricted footstep and land sound radius
- Added scope settling time to fix sniper exploit
- Writes an error report every time the 'real' disconnect-bug happens (send it to
- Some crashes (drawradar) fixed
- Fixed health pickup sound
- Display port in connect message
- Protocol bug fixed (item spawn)
- Stop demo playback before connecting
- Fix ammobox pickup for spectators and demo playback
- Option to hide vote hud after own voting
- Hide scores, when minimap is shown
- Enforce scoreboard during intermission
- Nice filenames for screenshots and demos
- Fixed & extended tktf flag grab messages
- Connect new players to the smaller or weaker team
- Optionally write recorded demos to files
- Optionally restrict a server to server-provided maps
- Configurable voting permissions
- Missing config file warning
- Fixed kick, ban & forceteam votes
- Nore & fixed log messages
- Custom server description is kept until the player leaves who changed it
- Automatic demo recording bug fixed
- Admin voting fixed
- Escaping special characters for commandline arguments
- Enhanced filtering for server descriptions
- Cleanup blacklist before use (fixes bug)
- Write the clients AC version to the log
Released: 21st of November, 2008
- New maps: ac_power, ac_elevation, ac_toxic, ac_urban, ac_shine, ac_desert3, ac_keller,
ac_sunset, ac_arctic and ac_scaffold.
- New game modes: Hunt the flag, Keep the flag & Team keep the flag.
- Crouching, hide effectively and shoot with more precision.
- Smooth recoil changes.
- Spectator and player-following.
- Reduced violence mode.
- OpenAL 1.1 support (Allows for 5.1 surround sound).
- Footsteps, bullet ricochets and other new sound effects.
- Voice-coms, a varietey of team commands.
- Action music when stealing the CTF flag.
- Two new soundtracks (Cube 1).
- Ambient map-sounds.
- Stencil shadow support.
- Brand new mapmodels.
- Vertex lighting for mapmodels.
- Visibility options for player models.
- Custom playerskin support.
- Scorch marks made by grenades.
- Muzzle flashes.
- Bulletholes (Cube 2).
- New sniper scope.
- New text rendering (Cube 2).
- Batched model rendering.
- New startscreen and icons.
- New damage screen.
- Enhanced scoreboard asthetics and features.
- More advanced/intuitive interface for changing sound and video options.
- Keybinding menu, mouse invert support.
- Welcome menu that asks for fundamental options to be changed.
- Map and crosshair menus show ALL items from their resource directory.
- Sliders, checkboxes and text-inputs now available for menus.
- Better crosshair menu/support.
- An in-game multiplayer menu with the options that you'll specifically need while
in-game, and also lists admin commands if you're administrator.
- New custom connect and admin connect menu.
- AssaultCube updates servers for you.
- Nickname, mapname and entity type auto-completion.
- When files are written to disk by the game, the game advises you.
- Game output prints scores at the end of each match in the console.
- Damage indicators in the HUD.
- Text cursor now makes a flickering effect.
- Better countdown timers for respawn.
- A compass inside the minimap.
- Support for apple meta keys.
- Mouse sensitivity is now "floating point".
- AssaultCube server wizard (which allows it to run as a windows service if needed).
- Even better netcode with various improvements.
- Customizable ports allowed for servers.
- CSL (cube server lister) support.
- Whois command.
- New masterserver implementation (OSS, ASP.NET).
- Server supports syslog loggin on Linux-like patforms.
- Auto-getmap and map config sending.
- Server can provide custom maps and learn new maps.
- When joining a server, players now connect to the smaller team.
- New extensions/plugin system for the server.
- New map storage/sending system.
- Support for admins to change the server description in-game.
- Multiple admin password support.
- Passwords to allow access for blacklisted players.
- IP Blacklisting support.
- Team shuffle command.
- Min/max player support for the maprotation - If there are too many/few players,
depending on the map rotation settings, that map will be skipped in rotation.
- Auto-ban threshold for the server.
- Auto-forceteam ensures that teams are always even in team-based modes.
- The server now checks cfg files periodically and updates if any have changed.
- More secure sending of passwords to the server.
- Simple SPAM detection and suppression.
- Serverside demo recording (Cube 2).
- Searching LAN will show all LAN servers.
- Muliple IP addresses are allowed on one server.
- New "clip" entity allows easy clipping for map editors.
- Better support for mods of this game.
- "editent" command to easily edit entities.
- Flags and pickups show up in edit mode.
- "loadnotexture" command, allowing a custom texture to be loaded if the user doesn't
have the correct content.
- Better playerskin support. See /docs/playerskins.html for more information.
- Configurable script security contexts to run map configs in a "sandbox".
- Multi-user support for Windows/Linux, stores your configurations/files to your user
- Lots of new documentation, including user guides for map editing.
- 64-bit linux binaries now included in release.
- Map cleanups/fixes.
- Better bot waypoints.
- Quick-switch exploit fixed.
- Forceteam/autoteam/team change issues fixed.
- HUD gun no longer appears to go through walls.
- Fixed reloading while scoping issue.
- "hideradar 0" doesn't disable the minimap anymore.
- Scope is always drawn at correct aspect ratio now.
- CTF flag now drops correctly on heightfields.
- "Unknown" servers now show as "empty".
- Grenades don't fall through bridges/platforms.
- Suicides drop the flag, instead of resetting it.
- Better spawning - Players don't spawn in the same location (in arena game modes).
- "sendmap filename" will no longer write to file, unless in co-op edit mode.
- "getmap" will now get the right map, or no map.
- Securemaps now work as intended.
- Mapmodel occulling fix.
- Documentation is IE friendly
- Plus many others...
Released: 4th of June, 2007
- A new name: ActionCube is now known as AssaultCube. Best feature ever...
- New map: ac_snow.
- Mini team-radar.
- Map overview.
- In-game documentation reference (command prompt and menus).
- Water reflections.
- Dynamic player shadows.
- 3rd person demo playback, pausing and slow motion (experimental).
- Team chat.
- New 'admin' client role, which allows server owners to break into locked servers.
- New explosion GFX (Sauerbraten backport).
- Improved weapon sway.
- Small physic improvements.
- Improved scorebard.
- Server MOTD (message of the day).
- Master can now force a player to the enemy team.
- Player collisions improved.
- Local renaming of duplicate player names (Sauerbraten backport).
- Improved app launcher for Mac (Sauerbraten backport).
- Reload animation now plays correctly.
- Flag now drops correctly on heighfields.
- Akimbo pickup doesn't cause a weapon change when using the sniper.
- CTF join bug fixed.
Released: 17th of Janurary, 2007
- New bot gamemode one shot, one kill.
- Auto team.
- Connecting players stay dead in arena modes.
- Colored messages.
- Public and private server mastermodes.
- Tweaked weapon balance.
- Sniper headshot kills instantly and shows some gibs.
- All gibs count as two frags (knife, nade, sniper headshot).
- CTF flag resets on teamkill.
- A big note on the teamkillers screen.
- Quick nade throw (key G, MOUSE2).
- Better spawning.
- Fixed skin menu.
- Fixed flag disappear on disconnect.
- Fixed shooting while editing.
- Fixed invincible bots.
- Fixed several memory bugs.
Released: 12 of November, 2006
Some of the features are backports from Sauerbraten, thanks to eihrul.
- New game mode "one shot, one kill".
- New map: ac_desert2.
- Netcode and new version of the enet library (consumes less bandwidth).
- Weapon balance tweaked.
- Config saving.
- Support for md3 mapmodels.
- Faster geometry rendering.
- Faster ladder climbing.
- 3rd person death.
- Advanced console.
- Screenres command and fullscreen var.
- Limit fps with maxFPS.
- -z, -b, and -a command-line options.
- Ctf flagpick bug fixed.
- Gib crash fixed.
- Flag count fixed.
- Scores now save across disconnects.
- Player death animation fixed.
- Weapon hit absorbtion fixed.
ActionCube v0.90 - First public beta
Released: 4th of November, 2006
- 55 new mapmodels.
- 4 high quality new maps.
- 100% new texture set (new, not fully original).
- 100% new content (original, apart from sounds/playermodel).
- New weapons: Knife, Pistol, Shotgun, Subgun, Assault Rifle, Sniper Rifle, Grenades.
- New items: Health, Ammobox , Kevlar, Clips, Grenades, Akimbo Powerup.
- New sounds.
- The well known SAS Quake2 model by Darren Pattenden.
- Capture The Flag (Ported from pCube).
- Team Deathmatch.
- Team Survivor.
- Last man Standing.
- Pistol Frenzy.
- Last Swiss Standing.
- Two fixed teams with chooseable skins.
- Server side maprotation (Ported from pCube).
- md3 hudguns.
- Vweap support for all weapons.
- Weapon reloading.
- Bullet flyby FX.
- Weapon bob/sway.
- Gib FX.
- New menu/HUD GFX (model drawing).
- Simple kick/ban systems.
- Bot support (adaption of the CUBEbots).
The day makkE came to town...
BEGIN LOGGING AT Sun Aug 1 11:46:13 2004
Aug 01 16:12:02 --> makkE (makkE@116-1-87.w193-250.abo.wanadoo.fr) has joined
Aug 01 16:12:18 <makkE> hi
Aug 01 16:13:29 <driAn> hi
In July 2004, Arghvark, driAn, Verbal_ and dtd started developing AssaultCube.