General Gaming Community: Need Input!!!
Some gamer friends and I, with the help of a few members of various gaming communities, are in the beta stages of working on a general gaming website. This website is to act as a hub for competitive play, as some leagues require an established team with website and from that idea we've decided to go slightly broader.

We were originally going to focus on Starcraft 2, and the upcoming games Diablo 3/ Guildwars 2. However, we're very interesting in expanding to other games and establishing a clan like system for individual games and perhaps a overall clan like status for those willing to pledge themselves to our community for all the games we are established in. Much of the details are being currently worked out among my fellow founders and would be members who are contributing their efforts.

I've posted this not to pull members, I won't even mention the future site or the organizations name for that reason, I am merely looking for some input from fellow gamers on a few subjects.

So in no particular order here are some questions:

-What other games would you suggest to be included within this community?

-Besides a basic page and a forum what other features would you suggest we look into getting?

-would live streams for any games we play be something that you would support or watch?

-we expect to cross a number of genres of games, do you think this is a positive or negative for the future of our organization

That's all I can think of. Any helpful tips or suggestions from anyone would be helpful, although hearing from some of the various webmasters of clan sites and gaming communities would prove to be especially helpful.

I'm new to this stuff, and although members of my team aren't, I find this stuff incredibly tedious and I know to make this a success it will take a tremendous investment of time and effort with no absolute guarantee. So wish me luck!!! I think I'll need it.

Excuse errors please, it is 5 am at the moment.. O.O
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
General Gaming Community: Need Input!!! - by Woolly - 12 Jun 11, 09:11AM
RE: General Gaming Community: Need Input!!! - by HellJanitorIsHispanic - 12 Jun 11, 09:37AM