Favorite... Old School Game! 16 bit or before!
So after the series on favorite action game we get specific. We are looking for your favorite games which came before the PS1, Saturn or N64.... AND WHY! My list is packed with greatness so here it is!

Castlevania 1 & 3: The 1st one i have beaten it to level 99 and beyond just for pure fun, never got it under less than 1 continue though. Its one of my favorite games of all time... The third one I played not long ago and got me hooked with the improvement on game-play! Amazing game with a chilly atmosphere and AWESOME MUSIC!

Akumajō Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (Castlevania for the TurboGrafx-16): Wow, what can I say. Incredible boss fights with the music as good as ever, multiple secret paths and... Maria Renard!

Super Metroid: One game I never played when I was young, but boy o boy was I happy when I discovered it! What a game. It has everything. Atmosphere, MUSIC, enemies, upgrades, adventure, Ridley, Mother-Brain ... Go play it now and you wont be disappointed, I promise!

Donkey Kong Country 3: I choose the 3rd cause it was the one I played for longer, but the three of them are INCREDIBLE. Loads of levels each with different gameplay mechanics that kept you hooked for ages, and an incredible difficulty that made you want to throw the controller away (but couldnt as it was WIRED!). Completion was rewarded and the music was awesome. If you dont feel as playing old games go buy Donkey Kong Country Returns as it is incredibly faithful to his ancestors! And as much as fun!

The Legend of Zelda: I dont know what to say about this game that you couldnt know before. Explore a whole new world as you help Link to gather the 8 pieces of the TRIFORCE of wisdom. Two quests, amazing dungeons, a music to be extolled forever ( I never leave home without it :) and hours of gameplay!

TLOZ; The Adventure of Link: Are you in for a challenge? Try beating this game without continuing. A change on direction made this game to be a side-scroller instead of a overview game, and i think it made it as awesome as it is. When playing this game you had to think before facing an enemy. Scarce health and almost no lives make you consider every move if trying to beat it on a sitting. Help Link to defeat Ganon and face one of the most difficult end Boss fights ever!

TLOZ; A Link to the Past: WOW, WHAT A GAME! It takes everything good from the past games and makes it HUGE! Be amazed by the overworld while trying to retrieve the 3 hidden medallions only to be transported to the F*****G dark world! Twice the fun! Now go and search for the 7 maidens so you can face the terrible Ganon! Do so with the help of the multiple items you will find on this ubber awesome adventure.

EDIT:

Money Island 1 & 2: When I was young I could never finish the first game, i always got stuck on Monkey Island and couldnt get past. That didnt take a bit away from the awesomeness this game is. Crazy dialogs and lovely characters compel one of the greatest point and click adventures of all time. The second installment begins where the first ends and adds more crazy stuff to the formula, getting you to know better all the isles of the Caribbean. Spitting contests, Grog, a library card and Wally help you throughout the whole adventure leaving you a very nice mouthful of GLORY.

Doom I: Back in the day our 386 couldnt handle Doom, but one day my cousin came home and made it to run under DOS before Windows 95 (?) could ignite, leaving me with the INCREDIBLE game that Doom is. Gore and action, devils and crazy marines on crowded hallways to be annihilated by a character we could see on screen, and a full roster of weapons at your disposal. Who doesnt remember the last room in the game?!

Duke Nukem 3D: Shake it baby! My god have I played this game. The first level ive got printed on my brain but I also remember playing pool, flushing the toilet, dancing girls, awesome secret paths and the shrinking gun! Oh! AND DUKE HIMSELF!

Tetris: My ass got marks of the toilet seat for being stuck for hours playing in the bathroom! All I got to say!

Illusion of GAIA: Ill let Roo, of Clan of the Grey Wolf explain this game greatness for me:

16 BIT GEMS

All i got to say is, GO PLAY IT... NOW!

Well thats all ive got for now, ill might add more!

EDIT X 2:

KILLER INSTINCT: OMG! One of the best fighting games evar! Its incredible combos, awesome music and lovely characters mixed perfectly for a very especial blend of awesomness. Even one character (ORCHID) showed her boobs on an ULTIMATE COMBO! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I7Ue2wX6iQ
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Favorite... Old School Game! 16 bit or before! - by paulmuaddibKA - 27 Aug 11, 12:34PM
RE: Favorite... Old School Game! - by Mvv0105 - 27 Aug 11, 12:57PM
RE: Favorite... Old School Game! - by Orynge - 27 Aug 11, 01:17PM
RE: Favorite... Old School Game! - by Link - 07 Sep 11, 03:11AM
RE: Favorite... Old School Game! - by gambino - 27 Aug 11, 01:37PM