Poll: More or less official maps?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
More
76.09%
70 76.09%
Less
23.91%
22 23.91%
Total 92 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

More official maps, or less official maps?
(22 Sep 12, 05:49AM)Xenon Wrote: Half the spastics in the new forum don't deserve to be there. I have no issue not being in there because people will tell me what's going on but some people that get put in truly astonish me.

This will be my final post on this subject. Anything else I will have to say about it will be communicated using warning points and bans.

The private forum is not a decision-making group. We (devs) wanted people to have focused discussions (about lots of things, not just mapping) and we wanted to be able to pull ideas from it without having to sort through protests and flaming (as you're bringing here). The people who are in that forum is not subject to your review, it is not negotiable, and it is not something you need to concern yourself over. It is not a group of people we have somehow empowered to decide how AC is going to be. It is a group of people whose discussions we want to monitor.
It is rude and rash to call them spastics. In fact, their lack of spasticity is what drew our attention to them. You, on the other hand, rage and thrash the minute you think your ideas are being ignored. That is spastic.
To the contrary, your ideas have been read and considered. Just because we don't publicly thank you for every single one doesn't mean we don't consider them.

As far there being "elite" here:
By my definition, this community has had a niche for all sorts of "elite" people in all different aspects of it. Some elites run servers. Some elites serve as admin on those servers. Some elites lead clans. Some elites help run the clans. Some elites moderate this forum. Some elites offer mapmodels, scripts, textures, and maps to the community. Some elites organize events. Some elites offer their bandwidth for these events. Some elites take part in serious discussions and have enough self-control to avoid flaming or whining off-topic. Some elites develop the game. In fact, the only people in this community who are not elite are people who contribute nothing useful.

So yes, you're right. This community is run by the elite. That's because the community functions, and those who contribute are those who propagate its content. The only real issue with this is that sometimes people choose not to be elite because it is somehow more appealing to make loud posts about how they think some decision others have made is bad.
If you're ready to do your part, then do your part. I will insist, however, that your part is not trying to tell us how to run this forum or this game. It can be any of the productive things I mentioned. Get involved in a productive way. Resist the temptation to assume the worst. Go frag and have fun.

* V-Man wanders off to finish the documentation
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: More official maps, or less official maps? - by V-Man - 23 Sep 12, 12:14AM