Graphic card
Hey guys.

I got my new Windows and i was wondering if i could push my graphics a bit further.

I have:
. Intel Core i5-460M processor
. ATI mobility Radeon HD 5470 512 MB (graphic card)

The nVidia graphic drivers are said to be good.

Should i download them to boost my graphics?
Which one should i download?

Thanks in advance
Thanks given by:
do you really need to... you don't need anything more powerful for playing AC
Thanks given by:
nVidia do drivers for ATI chipsets? Wow!
Thanks given by:
Nvidia drivers are no good for AMD chipsets, go here for ATI drivers

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx
Thanks given by:
Thanks.
edit: they do any good?
Thanks given by:
It doesn't matter whether they are any good or not, they are the ONLY choice! Unless you want some homegrown, reverse-engineered by students who badly need haircuts and a shave, and see the light of day once every 2.5 days.

Software Drivers aren't like underpants, you don't choose the color and style that fits you best for a given day. The driver either works (is designed) for a piece of hardware or it doesn't.

For what it's worth in my humble opinion, ATI write horrible drivers and often have compatibility issues with graphically demanding games, but that is just my personal opinion. Unfortunately, if you have ATI graphics hardware then you don't have a choice.

As with any hardware though, unless you have a very specific reason not to, you should always be using the latest drivers for your hardware. This will help you get the absolute maximum performance out of your hardware.

EDIT: I should have added, if you're looking to boost performance buy more memory (RAM) if you can, just about everything will benefit from having more memory. Also, use common sense, shut down any unecessary programs while you're playing games so that the game doesn't have to compete for system resources (memory and processor time).
Thanks given by:
You'll be wasting your money if you buy a new gfx card just for AC. It wouldn't hurt if you had other games, but this is more than enough.
Edit: don't bother, you're on a laptop
Thanks given by:
wait u need a video card for ac? did not know... anyways, go with the big 1s =D only if you play like, world of war craft, Left 4 Dead 2 (ftw!), etc....
Thanks given by:
No, you don't need a graphics card, an on-board chip usually does well enough.
Thanks given by:
Keep the ATI man, Nvidia drivers are for Nvidia GC. :)
Thanks given by: