Poll: Would you join the open / closed beta?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I would see what it is like
62.50%
30 62.50%
No, I'm not interested
4.17%
2 4.17%
I don't know really
8.33%
4 8.33%
I'll Stick with AC thanks
25.00%
12 25.00%
Total 48 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Project Saturn (new fps coming)
Enough talk more work/show :P

I wanna see some screenies of the three maps that you have finished atm. Also I'm assuming (due to the title) that this will be a sci-fi kinda FPS - maybe a bit similar to UT?

Good luck with everything, developing a full, complete game is by no means a easy, quick, or simple task. Just ask our devs :P
Thanks given by:
(09 Jul 10, 07:46PM)Bukz Wrote: Enough talk more work/show :P

I wanna see some screenies of the three maps that you have finished atm. Also I'm assuming (due to the title) that this will be a sci-fi kinda FPS - maybe a bit similar to UT?

Good luck with everything, developing a full, complete game is by no means a easy, quick, or simple task. Just ask our devs :P

Yeah thanks Bukz but unfortunately, it won't be like Unreal Tournament. I just wish I never took so long planning like other game developers e.g. Ubisoft.
Thanks given by:
I don't get it. How did you make the maps if you didn't have the engine? It's like making ac_desert without the game itself.
Thanks given by:
Many engines don't have in-game map editors, you have to use an external program such as GTKRadiant.
Thanks given by:
But don't you have to make the map depending on the engine? Like if I knew how to map, I wouldn't make a Sauer map for AC. So how's that? How do you make a map for a game when you don't know the game's engine, style, gameplay?
Thanks given by:
Well wolf, like game develepors, they use sketches first and use a proprietary engine to make the prototypes. I cannot get the screenshots becuase for some odd reason, Visual C++ won't let me.
Thanks given by:
(10 Jul 10, 10:06AM)SicK^BsR Wrote: Well wolf, like game develepors, they [...] use a proprietary engine to make the prototypes.

Maybe you're right, though I highly doubt any commercial game-developer has enough money, or even time on hand for making one task twice...

However, good luck.
Thanks given by:
"Like i said, i'm not having it open-source because of the amount of hackers on AC already"
wtf. That doesn't even make sense. Do you know how many hackers the source engine has? Even though it uses vac there are still alot of hackers. Making it closed source and tieing it into steam isn't going to stop cheating.
Thanks given by:
(10 Jul 10, 06:38PM)Zomg! Wrote: "Like i said, i'm not having it open-source because of the amount of hackers on AC already"
wtf. That doesn't even make sense. Do you know how many hackers the source engine has? Even though it uses vac there are still alot of hackers. Making it closed source and tieing it into steam isn't going to stop cheating.

Update. I have been reviewing many game engines and the best one i've seen is the leadwerks engine (so far). More soon

That is what I said because when you said the source engine has many hackers already (before you said that) I changed my mind. I have recently purchased FPS creator X10, which means It will be based on that engine.
Thanks given by:
you should start with a stick figure RPG and leave FPS to the AssaultCube Dev Team.
Thanks given by:
lol
:D
Thanks given by:
Actually, RPGs are a lot more complicated.
Thanks given by:
(12 Jul 10, 03:08PM)tempest Wrote: Actually, RPGs are a lot more complicated.

Correct. An example of this is Fallout 3 by Bethesta softworks which took 3 years to create
Thanks given by:
"Visual C++ won't let me."
if you are using FPS creator X10 then how could you be using visual c++?
it's not a open engine, also visual c++ has got nothing to do with taking screenshots...
i think you will not finish it...
Thanks given by:
"Visual C++"
Ewww... I reccomend that you use the IDE Geany for coding, it's what I use for my Python and HTML / PHP files on Linux and Windows (also available on mac) and I love it. It Supports all of these types of languages
and it's very lightweight too. Plus it's FLOSS software. Yay FLOSS software!
Thanks given by:
did it died?
Thanks given by:
It's "die" not died :)

How did it go?
Thanks given by:
It did died
Thanks given by:
Mr Floppy and others who asked him why he posted this when it is not ac related, ITS IN THE OFFTOPIC SECTION. im going to make a guess that the OFFTOPIC SECTION is for things that are OFFTOPIC and unrelated to ac but thats just a guess.
Thanks given by:
i would love to be a closed beta tester for this since i lvoe trying out new games
Thanks given by:
(08 Oct 10, 02:30AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: It's "die" not died :)
lolol
Thanks given by:
(11 Oct 10, 04:55AM)adam Wrote: Mr Floppy and others who asked him why he posted this when it is not ac related, ITS IN THE OFFTOPIC SECTION. im going to make a guess that the OFFTOPIC SECTION is for things that are OFFTOPIC and unrelated to ac but thats just a guess.
Maybe, but IMO even the OFFTOPIC forum for a video game isn't meant to advertise your own game, which you haven't even started yet and won't ever finish, either.

Thanks given by:
Oh well. It would have been interesting to see. /sigh

I agree with RR, an example was Blood Frontier which was bragged about forever before it was released, and it never even got out of beta. I don't think.

Also, not making it OSS doesn't deter hackers as much as you would think. Even a simple hex editor on a closed source game can rape it.
Thanks given by:
Blood frontier is now called Red Eclipse. Check it. (I believe I'm correct)
Thanks given by:
(12 Oct 10, 01:53AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Blood frontier is now called Red Eclipse. Check it. (I believe I'm correct)

Red Eclipse is a different game, however most of the community is the same as was behind Blood Frontier. Therefore elements of the game are similar.

I downloaded it two days ago and have enjoyed what they've done with it. In many ways it's better, even though they haven't finished (it's still labeled beta ware). For example, the hudgun for the SMG is a pistol, but it still works as a SMG ingame. Kudos to them for that.
Thanks given by:
Dont worry, I know ;)
Thanks given by:
[Image: 2hmklsp.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Will it be for mac????? :D
Thanks given by:
(13 Oct 10, 12:14AM)jakedisaster Wrote: Will it be for mac????? :D

According the product description of FPS Creator the game will only run with DirectX, which means only on Windows Systems. So the answer to your question is: NO.

Thanks given by:
(14 Oct 10, 06:45PM)Apollo{TyD} Wrote:
(13 Oct 10, 12:14AM)jakedisaster Wrote: Will it be for mac????? :D

According the product description of FPS Creator the game will only run with DirectX, which means only on Windows Systems. So the answer to your question is: NO.

Damnit :(
Thanks given by: