The infamous 24/7
So i have a question, i remember the days of the 24/7 Dust2 servers, and how they got removed from the MS, however now days i see some servers that promote a 24/7 map like those servers used to, all Day long Headshot city, or 24/7 ac_douze i remember i asked (i don't remember who) why the dust2 servers got turned off, and he told me that the devs don't like that tipe(type??) of servers.

So My question is why are this servers still around??, and I'm the only one that thinks It's lame to have those servers?

I'm not asking to take them out, just asking why they exist
Thanks given by:
I like them
Thanks given by:
No jAcKRoCk*, you're not the only one that thinks they're lame, but as Huntsman above shows (even if he's being facetious), there are people who do like them. The issue is whether or not their presence is harmful to the game, and this isn't something that can be easily judged. In the past the Dev team have been accused of dictatorially banning servers which they felt were degrading AC's overall appearance. Yet, on the other hand, there are people calling for the servers to be blocked because they act as newb (and noob) magnets.
With some community members saying "Let them be" and others saying "Ban their ass", you can see that not only is the decision difficult, but it's guaranteed to be unpopular, whichever outcome is chosen.
Thanks given by:
I've seen your mums house 24/7 around :P
Im thinking that should be banned.
Thanks given by:
IIRC That's a 24/7 server but with a maprot.
Thanks given by:
Your Mums House RULEZ. Ban it at your risk.
Thanks given by:
BAN ALL SERVERS FOR THE MAPS THAT THEY ALLOW!
Thanks given by:
(09 Feb 11, 11:05AM)Hav0c Wrote: I've seen your mums house 24/7 around :P

(09 Feb 11, 11:22AM)MorganKell Wrote: Your Mums House RULEZ. Ban it at your risk.

My house is better.
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-1667.html
Thanks given by:

If anyone bans Fiz's server i will be very very VERY MAD.
Thanks given by:
(09 Feb 11, 01:37PM)DrauL Wrote: If anyone bans Fiz's server i will be very very VERY MAD.
Why?
Thanks given by:
So they are gong to stay, and i have to learn to live with them :')
Thanks given by:
well, i think that 24/7 servers that only host one type of map/mode shouldnt be allowed, but should have a maprot.

also having a server that is 24/7 and is only one map/mode, kinda takes away the purpose in making maps, there are alot of great maps out there but never get played cuz people want there server populated, and Douze is open and easy to play, and you can get kills with out really navigating through a map, which attracts players that arent great with tactics.

People want their maps to be played if they put alot of time into them, with servers that are all douze and desert all day theres no way other maps get played.

my opinion, Option one: arena style maps should not be official maps, this will force the person voting to search through there map list, this my limit the amount those maps are played.

Option two: implement some sort of, (server side or AC side) this map has been voted 3 times in a row cant vote again until 3 other maps have been voted, something like that would be very nice, and then other maps in the maprot would get played.

Also adding somthing like, if someone votes for a map in a game and it gets f2, and they try and vote for it again, they should get a message saying sry you already voted this map, choose another.

the last two ideas, would not actually keep people from playing these modes, but limit the amount they are played, and if AC is worried about people not getting to play the map/mode they want, well they wont have to worry about that. they can it will just be more limited.

Also i think AC should try to keep its game from turning into a 2 map game, as if you go to server list 90% of the time you see desert, douze.

Ac has alot more going for it than douze and desert, and AC would benefit from not having 90% of servers on the server list saying douze, desert all day long.

If noobs were nudged into playing other maps, they would eventually like those maps (at least some) and play them more, but since servers have the desert, douze all the time, there arent many servers that have other maps being played, and players that havent played long like to be in servers with alot of people, and those servers are desert and douze servers.

alright ill stop now i tend to type alot.

Thanks given by:
Or temporarily remove servers from the list while non-official maps are in play. If the players on an official map vote for a non-official they'll get their wish but the official masterserver need not promote the shit maps.
Thanks given by:
How bout no? Look at all the servers you have to choose from. No need to hate on people just because they like a different quality map.
Thanks given by:
If you don't like a server, do what every admin always yells at me for: Go to a different server and stop complaining! If you just leave the noob one map servers up and alone, then all of the noobs will remain in those servers while the rest of us play something more skill oriented on other servers with a decent map rot against non noobish players (hopefully).

And one question from me:
I used to host a server entitled T-Bagging server! when I had down time from my others and would it become banned if I began hosting that again at any time?
Thanks given by:
Your mums house is epic.
Thanks given by:
So is yours TROLOLOLOL
Im a Tr0ll_F4ce. Sorry.
Thanks given by:
My point is valid, those servers are a NOOB and newb (wich i kinda like) magnet, but those servers also hide the true AC to them, the one we all like, with inters and the wish to become a better player, to reach those that You think are the top players, in My opinion those Servers only slow the game down
Thanks given by:
(10 Feb 11, 08:38AM)Hav0c Wrote: So is yours TROLOLOLOL
Im a Tr0ll_F4ce. Sorry.
Your sister is hot.

Thanks given by:

(10 Feb 11, 07:15AM)Huntsman Wrote: Your mums house is epic.

(10 Feb 11, 08:38AM)Hav0c Wrote: So is yours TROLOLOLOL
Im a Tr0ll_F4ce. Sorry.

(10 Feb 11, 09:26AM)Huntsman Wrote: Your sister is hot.

(10 Feb 11, 09:02AM)jAcKRoCk* Wrote: My point is valid, those joints are a chick (which i kinda like) magnet, but those joints also reveal the true AC to them, the one we all like, with the _____ and the _____ and the wish to become a better player, to reach those that You think are the top players, in My opinion those joints only speed the game up

(10 Feb 11, 06:11AM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: I used to host a joint entitled T-Bagging joint! when I had down time from my others and would it become banned if I began hosting that again at any time?

That's the spirit!!
Thanks given by: