Screen Capture Apps
Does anyone know of any good free screen capture applications for mac that wont give me those BS messages over anything i record saying "..... DEMO or ...... FREE"?

Thanks for any help i want to start remaking the iODclan youtube account.
Thanks given by:
Fraps, Xfire, Jing
Thanks given by:
If on Mac, http://forum.cubers.net/thread-1448.html.
If on Windows, I recommend Microsoft Expression Encoder. It's what I used for
Thanks given by:
Also hypercam
Thanks given by:
Jing's not good because you cant convert the file from SWF to an easily editable file with freeware as far as ive seen. I had an iShowU crack (i know we dont condone piracy etc.) then my account was deleted, and ive tried xFire to no avail as well as VLC (lags like a bitch and pulls down my fps to impossible #s) and Fraps doesnt work for mac in a free edition AFAIK. Anything else?
Thanks given by:
I got a cracked version of Screenflow.There are videos for that in Youtube. I know we condone condemn that stuff, so in case the Screenflow devs come and start flaming us for getting their stuff for free, feel free to give them my email ;)

ADMIN: fixed your vocabulary .. now warning you for advertising cracked software!
Thanks given by:
xFire is really good quality though, and it usually works for me. Hypercam adds a small Hypercam 2 logo to the top left, but you can get rid of that through... means I cannot describe here.

There's always just getting a cellphone to record things :P

BB Flashback Express is pretty good as well, comes with it's own editor, and screen recordings can be exported to Flash, AVI, WMV, PPT or EXE.

Camstudio, Fraps, as I've said before, VirtualDub(Sucks), and Wink
Thanks given by:
RapidFire. :D
I'm thinking about updating it again...
Perhaps when Akimbo is no longer plagued by corporate greed.
Thanks given by:
If want to record a vid ingame with fraps for free ,dont it will only let you for 1 minute, use Xfire but since you have a Mac I dont know what to tell you.
Thanks given by:
I'll provide the demos Viper :D
Thanks given by:
every time i try to record my screen on dekstop always works find but then i record game play or demo, all that shows up in the video is the loading screen.

used hypercam - did that ^
used snagit - did that same above
used Microsoft Expression Encoder - which im guessing is not a recorder ( if it is couldn't find a record button ) but tried to import to the program but does not recognize .dmo

edit: does Ac need to be windowed for screen capture to work ?
Thanks given by:
Nah. Ask Gibstick about fullscreen vs. Windowed (bring a soapbox for him to stand on first).
PM me and I'll show you my custom version of RapidFire.
Thanks given by:
Well actually I use windowed for screen recording. The hotkeys don't really work well in fullscreen and I like to be able to togglegrap out of the window at any time without having to alt-tab out and mess up my gamma.

Microsoft Expression Encoder comes with something called "Expression Encoder 4 screen recorder".
Thanks given by:
(01 Mar 11, 01:57AM)V-Man Wrote: Nah. Ask Gibstick about fullscreen vs. Windowed (bring a soapbox for him to stand on first).
PM me and I'll show you my custom version of RapidFire.
rapid fire is only SS tho. ( which i have used and is cool )

Thanks given by:
The point of RapidFire is so you can put em all into a gif!
Thanks given by:
hypercam sucks lol

and snagit makes it all jaggy.

even in windowed mode.

and gib i dont see how to record with EE4
Thanks given by:
Actually, the changes I'm making to RapidFire will optimize it for this and this (processes to make videos out of screenshots).
Thanks given by:
a 3-6 minute long gif would make my computer explode into a thousand little morgankell-hav0c babies

Almost all the suggestions are about windows software XD I have a mac! If worst comes to worst ill send someone the demos and then voice them over... but hmmm how will i know where to show cool shit.
Thanks given by:
(01 Mar 11, 05:53AM)V-Man Wrote: (processes to make videos out of screenshots).

Not GIFs.
Thanks given by:
Ok Joe, one last post. You install Expression Encoder 4. You go into the start menu, and search for "Screen Capture" (All Programs > Microsoft Expression) and it will come up.
Thanks given by:
(01 Mar 11, 12:41PM)Gibstick Wrote: Ok Joe, one last post. You install Expression Encoder 4. You go into the start menu, and search for "Screen Capture" (All Programs > Microsoft Expression) and it will come up.

it was hiding from me i see it now. :)

Thanks given by:
FRAPS works best for me, and I imagine Taksi should work properly if you have a better computer than me. :P
Thanks given by:
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/video/ishowu.html

(this isn't piracy bla bla bla its actually free...)

you want it because you can and its free :D

theres better versions but they cost $$$
Thanks given by: