Division's clans ranking
Hi, i just thought that there should be a website with divisions in where atleast 5 clans per one divsion, since the're alot of clans we can rank each clan and know thier skill level by thier division number, to get better and become as higher division you gotta play wars against clans that are in your divsion. with points ,etc... i think this is a good way to point each clan's level, and a good project that will be always up and never end.
Thanks given by:
Ok... But honestly, who would make such a site, and who would "rank" clans in the first place?
Thanks given by:
If you want something done. Do it yourself.
Thanks given by:
(03 May 11, 02:35PM)BunnySoul Wrote: Hi, i just thought that there should be a website with divisions in where atleast 5 clans per one divsion, since the're alot of clans we can rank each clan and know thier skill level by thier division number, to get better and become as higher division you gotta play wars against clans that are in your divsion. with points ,etc... i think this is a good way to point each clan's level, and a good project that will be always up and never end.

I actually thought of an idea just like this, called CTL, ( Clan Tournament Ladder ). I have the domain already bought, and website made. Many will prob think o great another personal ac ladder, no, its not this ladder will only take points from actually tournaments. This will be a CLAN ladder, no individual points/stats will be taken.

I could go into great detail about it here, but i will wait to post the entire idea in detail on my on thread.

Thanks given by:
i have seen movie "Inside Job" and there is described very well how the ranking companies work ;)

The recruitment of many clans isn't standard and mainly many clans aren't focused to the match level.
Thanks given by:
What about supporting the league?
Thanks given by:
that seems like a very good idea!
F1 if it works.
Thanks given by:
Hum.. Why make it so competitive? There already several clan iniciatives for starting touneys, leagues.
Thanks given by:
this is good idea, but AC not ready.

I like Robtics thought :) I dont want to stop on this season and make second with much as possible suggestiongs from your side and ofc i need help.

Current Robtics and Lucas helping, but if we will have in league team more players, from different clans and with different possibilities, so we could build really strong tournament system.
Thanks given by:
The CTL will be based of just tournaments alone, to me it will not be regarded as being a league but more of a ladder to show which clans ( not individuals ) are higher ranked than others. Since it will only be tournament based hopefully more clans will get into more tournaments.
Thanks given by:
I don't think we should have a "C-T-L" simply because I see no need for this, and it would only make .legacy, and #M|A# more competitive.
Thanks given by:
Don't really see the point. OK, so we get to see who is higher or lower in the rankings. How does this help us? We already know who is good, who is bad, and who is better or worse when comparing clans.
Thanks given by:
(05 May 11, 05:40AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: Don't really see the point. OK, so we get to see who is higher or lower in the rankings. How does this help us? We already know who is good, who is bad, and who is better or worse when comparing clans.

You are completely wrong, you play this game for years so you know these. but our game is growing ,everyday newcomers, and that's basically made for the rest of the community who doesn't know it. new people could easily pick a clan in thier skill level, what they better like and prefer.
Thanks given by:
(05 May 11, 01:16PM)BunnySoul Wrote:
(05 May 11, 05:40AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: Don't really see the point. OK, so we get to see who is higher or lower in the rankings. How does this help us? We already know who is good, who is bad, and who is better or worse when comparing clans.

You are completely wrong, you play this game for years so you know these. but our game is growing ,everyday newcomers, and that's basically made for the rest of the community who doesn't know it. new people could easily pick a clan in thier skill level, what they better like and prefer.

Assaultcube wiki is where they look ;)
Thanks given by:

Totally Agreed
Thanks given by:
well doesnt matter if yall like it or not. its being made. you can either support it, or not. no one is going to make you do either one.

Since i dont think yall fully understand what me and bunny have tried to explain, yall will have to just wait till it starts.

Thanks given by:
I never said I was against it, I just said we didn't need it, I don't prefer it, but it would be nice for there to be an official ranking of the clans.
Thanks given by:
I'm looking forward to seeing what will be made.

Thanks given by:
i lol'd
Thanks given by:
(07 May 11, 12:54PM)CicloN Wrote: i lol'd

What did I miss here? O_o
Thanks given by:
I believe this will have both a detrimental and a good effect on the AC Community, not just the game.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens eh?
Thanks given by:
Well this is not gonna happen if the community doesnt want this project to be.
Thanks given by:
KH es #1!!!!!!!

Anyway, I seriously doubt that having such a site would work out well for several reasons. The main one being that not enough people take this game seriously enough to foster true competition. In the past, there were some specific cases such as the short lived esl tournaments and ladders or the occasional tournaments which sometimes are successful like the ac world cup drakas ran, and usually fail like the rvsf vs cla tournament the former U| clan ran back in august and september. There are people who would wish to participate seriously in this, but the number that would do this is just too small. AssaultCube, despite what some people may wish, will never be a game that will foster a competitive environment unless someone decides create a completely separate branch that will remain stable and balanced in its gameplay without trying to implement shiny new graphics or dysfunctional anti-hack systems that are easily ignorable (just look at toobies). Despite what you may think, the community as a whole doesn't want AC to become the new CS in terms of competition as they for the most part just want to fuck around in piece-of-shit maps in 20-man servers having fun. I know this isn't what I want, but this is how things are and how they will continue to be.
Thanks given by: