Aliases
No, not the CubeScript kind (which I have no idea what that means)...

What is the level of tolerance for false nicknames? The amount of liberalism?

Derp. Discussion plox. No flames.

Edit: WHOA. 13 Guests are reading this right now... plus Wolf

(I'm popular ^.^)
Thanks given by:
Tolerance for false nicknames? You mad? Why would it be bad if someone wishes to use a fake nickname (alias)? Many do so when they just want to play and not talk.
Thanks given by:
(25 May 11, 01:50AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: Tolerance for false nicknames? You mad? Why would it be bad if someone wishes to use a fake nickname (alias)? Many do so when they just want to play and not talk.

I'm not mad. I just wanted to hear the views of our community. I use them for that too...
Thanks given by:
Uhm.
You're using one right now.
On the other hand, it's rare for people to use their RL name here and in-game.
Thanks given by:
I find that Aliases make AC more fun. Say you are playing an interclan and this kid is doing amazing and you have never seen him before. You guess who he is and stuff and it is very fun xD Aliases are sort of messing around. But it is not in a bad way. As long as you do not impersonate.
Thanks given by:
The only time I use aliases is when I'm bored, playing bad, or doing ub3r good and playing an inter.

Many players who are in clans use their clan tag's letters to be part of an alias.

example:

eQ.|Viper=ReQ.|uieM
#M|A#ARG3N=OBA#M|A#
etc. Its sorta like a game. :D
Thanks given by:
You should ask Crema, he's kinda an expert in this field.....
Thanks given by:
Therefore AC cannot have proper authentication, we would lost 2/3 players. :D
Thanks given by:
(25 May 11, 02:55AM)V-Man Wrote: On the other hand, it's rare for people to use their RL name here and in-game.

*Ahem*

I always use the same name, never used an alias.
Although i use MykeGregory|Xu now. Obvs!
Thanks given by:
(25 May 11, 06:31PM)MykeGregory Wrote:
(25 May 11, 02:55AM)V-Man Wrote: On the other hand, it's rare for people to use their RL name here and in-game.

*Ahem*

I always use the same name, never used an alias.
Although i use MykeGregory|Xu now. Obvs!

RL is real life... so you're Myke?
Thanks given by:
I've used as my 'main name' Desekrator firstly, then Hellspell, then Quorthon or Unhallowed, I can't remember which came first, then Desekrator again. It says hellspell as my name on here because I made it back when I was called that.
All pretty rubbishy names in retrospect.
I've also used probably hundreds of 'undercover' names, as I call them.
Thanks given by:
As I said, Myke... You're a rare sight.
* V-Man dodges teabag
Thanks given by:
I have lots of them. I just like (more) anonymity sometimes.
Thanks given by:
V-Man, I think you got the wrong idea of what Cemer means. By aliases i think Cemer means that instead of me using |BC|Wolf, I use in a match some other name like "IMKEWL" and people won't know who I am. Of course, maybe it's the other way around xD
Thanks given by:
(25 May 11, 02:55AM)V-Man Wrote: Uhm.
You're using one right now.
On the other hand, it's rare for people to use their RL name here and in-game.

im a rarity :)

Thanks given by:
When I'm owning (or getting owned, tbh) in TOSOK I like to change my name to |NoH|Scope :D

Nothing wrong with aliases, imo. And an alias in cubescript, afaik, is just a way of using one made command to execute a real command or a string of commands :D
Thanks given by:
an alias in cubescript is just a way to group multiple commands together (you can include aliases inside of aliases etc.) into a single command.
Thanks given by:
(25 May 11, 09:56PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: V-Man, I think you got the wrong idea of what Cemer means. By aliases i think Cemer means that instead of me using |BC|Wolf, I use in a match some other name like "IMKEWL" and people won't know who I am. Of course, maybe it's the other way around xD

You got it Wolf. Frags to you, sir.
Thanks given by:
My point is just that your usual IGN is just as "alias-y" as any other name you use in-game. None of them actually point to a real identity -- at most, an IP address (again, with RL names as a rare exception).
But, yes, using names other than your forum name is a point of note I suppose.
Thanks given by:
I use Xu|Yttrium in Pohu when RK calls in a stupid game mode like 20 people in KTF, on elevation. ^^

EDIT: So it won't completely destroy my lacking ladder stats.
Thanks given by:
I use all kinds of gay aliases. It's cause i have hardcore skillz :D, be cool like me and use the name Homophobic.
Thanks given by:
i think that clanplayers should use aliases only if they keep using the tag.
the non-clan players can use aliases, obviously
Thanks given by:
(25 May 11, 05:43PM)hgf-arg Wrote: You should ask Crema, he's kinda an expert in this field.....

True, I'm very fond of aliases. But only if they're funny ones. I rarely play with my nick on pubs, but its not for anonymity sake thou, caus I can help myself and I end it up making fun of friend that happen to be playing too and they always know its me... I just like to to be creative and try to come up with a new fun alias every day...

Funny aliases and ratio whores hunting are too of the best things to do in pubs.
Thanks given by:
(26 May 11, 11:56AM)YourSister Wrote: i think that clanplayers should use aliases only if they keep using the tag.
the non-clan players can use aliases, obviously

Heh.
Just what we need, more overzealous newbs posting incorrect tag-abuse reports in the blacklist thread.
Thanks given by:
Aliases are for winners that can ladder whore with an unknown name. I always use the name unnamed just so that the scores still count.
Thanks given by:
We should all use the alias "format getalias"

That way its dynamic and even harder to detect who's who. \:D
Thanks given by:
I find it beneficial to use aliases under a variety of circumstances. Most notably when I've been drinking and still want to frag.
Thanks given by:
My alias was Mirko.

Ps: TheCremoso sometimes plays as MessiofAC.
Thanks given by:
Lol right now, I'm still Cemer, and now I'm moving into the alias of "TwinkieLover"... makes me a better noob.
Thanks given by:
dyNaMo.....lolwut
Thanks given by: