School fail
I have been rejected from participating to my school exam (last year of high school) and I don't know how to tell that to my mom. She doesn't expect this (I didn't expect it myself)..... Any advice?

Serious please.
Thanks given by:
You were rejected why?

And what year is that?
Thanks given by:
Did you do something wrong?
If it's anything like here, having the wrong number of staples in your "bound reference" can result in that sort of thing :/
That's really got to suck, Andrez...
Thanks given by:
The last high school year, just the one before university.

I was rejected because of 2 subjects (electronics and maths), but I'm good in the others. The minimum needed to be allowed in each subject is 6, and I have:
7 in history
7 in statistics
7 in physical ed.
6 in computer science
7 in literature
10 in English language
8 in systems (I don't know how it's exactly called)

Seriously, would you reject me just for 2 subjects?

Oh, by the way, my behaviour has always been good (I had 9)
Thanks given by:
Nothing terrible happened, you will have next chance in next year and you will do that final exam. No worries with sharing such information with parents, they like you even with this fact. The world doesn't stop, it just happened. You will have more time for girls and AC.
Thanks given by:
(19 Jun 11, 01:01PM)Alien Wrote: You will have more time for girls and AC.
I like your thinking ;)

I think JMM was asking what year the last year was.
It's year 12 here in Australia. I think he was asking what the last year is where you are from. (Italy?)
Thanks given by:
It's year 13 here in Italy (5 years of basic school, 3 years of middle school and 5 years of high school)
Thanks given by:
It's technically year 13 here too, but the first year isn't counted (in my state) :S
6 years of primary school, 6 years of high school but the very first year is called "prep" instead of "grade 1"
I think in some other states it's just called grade 1 and they have a year 13. Just to confuse everyone ^^
Thanks given by:
You should probably tell your parents as soon as possible, especially before they find out from somewhere else, as then they usually think you were trying to hide it from them.
Best of luck!
Thanks given by:
(19 Jun 11, 02:21PM)Lantry Wrote: You should probably tell your parents as soon as possible, especially before they find out from somewhere else, as then they usually think you were trying to hide it from them.
Best of luck!
+1. They will find it out eventually, so it's best if they hear it from you and ASAP.

Thanks given by:
Exactly. There is _no_ chance you're going to hide it from them, so you should just tell them and get it over with. Hopefully they will be comprehensive.
Thanks given by:
Thank you all, I'll try. And anyway, I think I'll do a recourse to them.
They could've helped me somehow, I think.
Thanks given by:
Oh noes Andrez! And yes definitely tell them ASAP! I'm not sure how it works in Italy but do you know if you are already guaranteed a spot in university? In the US, that sort of thing can get your acceptance revoked O.O

As soon as you've told them you can start to fix the problem.
Thanks given by:
There may be a chance to do summer classes?

I know here in the USA, you can do that. Also talk to your school counselor about possible options. And ofc talk to your mom, and make sure that she knows that you are taking action, and not just sitting around letting it happen. Parents wont mind as much if they see you making progress against a problem. At least mine didn't mind as much.
Thanks given by:
If I'm not too late...
In the majority of cases parents will only want the best for their offspring. She may be cross, she may shout at you, she may whoop yo' ass, IDK, but you are intelligent and you seem well-adjusted, so I'm going to assume two things. Firstly, your mom knows how to raise a child. Secondly, she will love you and support you in your life, regardless of stumbles along the way.
I know this seems like a big thing now, but one day you will be able to laugh about it, if you even remember it.

ps. gj on the English language.

edit: pps. "Linux sucks [your] balls"? It's *that* versatile; is there anything it can't do?
Thanks given by:
A 13 year-old's advice? Talk to the school. See if there is summer classes and stuff. Or a tutor.

" Io so come tu senti "

I hope you succeed, my friend.
Thanks given by:
(19 Jun 11, 08:37PM)Viper Wrote: do you know if you are already guaranteed a spot in university? In the US, that sort of thing can get your acceptance revoked O.O
Nope, here, after the last year you can decide whether to join university or to find a job, and it doesn't matter if you've been rejected.

(19 Jun 11, 10:29PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: There may be a chance to do summer classes?
That's possible for every year, except the last one :/

(19 Jun 11, 10:54PM)jamz Wrote: If I'm not too late...
In the majority of cases parents will only want the best for their offspring. She may be cross, she may shout at you, she may whoop yo' ass, IDK, but you are intelligent and you seem well-adjusted, so I'm going to assume two things. Firstly, your mom knows how to raise a child. Secondly, she will love you and support you in your life, regardless of stumbles along the way.
I know this seems like a big thing now, but one day you will be able to laugh about it, if you even remember it.

ps. gj on the English language.

edit: pps. "Linux sucks [your] balls"? It's *that* versatile; is there anything it can't do?
Yep, indeed! She refused to speak to me for the whole day, but that's just temporary, she will understand. After all, it isn't the end of the world, this shit happens... It's just an unexpected thing for me and, above of all, for her.
Anyway, Linux can even do that! :D

(19 Jun 11, 11:58PM)Cemer Wrote: A 13 year-old's advice? Talk to the school. See if there is summer classes and stuff. Or a tutor.

" Io so come tu senti "

I hope you succeed, my friend.
Eheh, grazie amico mio! ;)

Thank you all for the (moral) support! It's really good to have such support from mature people ;)
Thanks given by:
d00d we are liek the maturest cOmunity in liek the hole int3rn3ts!
LOLROFLMAO!

Good luck with all of this. I hope your education turns out alright (and that your English skills continue to be as awesome :P).
Thanks given by:
[Image: Roflmao.jpg]

Hey mate, show them all up in uni, ok?
Thanks given by:
offtopic: WTF 13 years of school???
over here in Pacific US schools...generally its 5 elementary (6 where i live) 3 middle school (2 where i live) and 4 High School.... o_O
Thanks given by:
Some schools are 12+ years of schools. K-12.
Thanks given by:
Highschool in Mexico it's 3 years 6 of elementary school and 4 or more of college
Thanks given by:
(21 Jun 11, 05:24AM)jAcKRoCk* Wrote: Highschool in Mexico it's 3 years 6 of elementary school and 4 or more of college

All for a degree in tacology

mod edit: user warned for racist drivel
Thanks given by:
Do you have something called "prep" in the USA?
It's just year one but called prep just cause.
Thanks given by:
Teabag your head teacher, show him who's like a BOSS! i think your just going to have to be honest dude... v42
Thanks given by:
AC needs a "Feels bad man" voicecom.
Thanks given by:
v64: "ouch."
Thanks given by:
Why do we not have that already?
Thanks given by:
You could do it by yourself, really. Just get a sound, create a new line in the voicecom file and add the sound there.
Thanks given by:
(21 Jun 11, 07:03AM)HellJanitorIsHispanic Wrote:
(21 Jun 11, 05:24AM)jAcKRoCk* Wrote: Highschool in Mexico it's 3 years 6 of elementary school and 4 or more of college

All for a degree in tacology

mod edit: user warned for racist drivel

I love it how his username has the word Hispanic in it.
Thanks given by: