Clan Sites
This isn't really offtopic, but oh well,

I am a lame website/forum/anythinglikethat maker, and I want to know some good places where I can freely and easily make a GOOD website and forum for my clan?

So, does anyone know some good places?

Thanks!
Thanks given by:
webs.com
Thanks given by:
Uh, I don't recommend using webs if you're in the need of a website for a clan. Most clan websites have a forum, where a main part of the communication within the clan takes place. From the millions of free clan site providers, I have experience with forumotion.com and freeforums.org as being good and reliable sites to create your clan website, but I'm sure there are more.

What some people do though, is add an individual site that has nothing to do with forums and set it as their main page (the clan information and news are most of the times here) and once the visitor clicks on the "Forums" tab they are taken to the freeforums/forumotion page. I afraid I don't have enough experience with these "main page" sites, so hopefully can help you with that if you're interested.
Thanks given by:
(22 Jun 11, 10:57PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: Uh, I don't recommend using webs if you're in the need of a website for a clan. Most clan websites have a forum, where a main part of the communication within the clan takes place. From the millions of free clan site providers, I have experience with forumotion.com and freeforums.org as being good and reliable sites to create your clan website, but I'm sure there are more.

What some people do though, is add an individual site that has nothing to do with forums and set it as their main page (the clan information and news are most of the times here) and once the visitor clicks on the "Forums" tab they are taken to the freeforums/forumotion page. I afraid I don't have enough experience with these "main page" sites, so hopefully can help you with that if you're interested.

Thanks, I have used forumotion a lot before, and I do like it. I might just do that then... :D
Thanks given by:
If you do decide to have a main site that leads off into a forum, ask your ISP about webhosting, as certain providers do provide that service along with your plan.

If they don't, 5gigs.net is always a viable option
Thanks given by:
Ok, I got our site done!
http://winningiseasy.iftopic.com/
Thanks given by:
Now that you have that done, I recommend you use www.dot.tk. This is a very handy website which changes your url to their domain, but helps make the link shorter and more memorable. For example, your url right now is http://winningiseasy.iftopic.com/. Instead of that, you could have it winningiseasy.tk if you use that website :)

This just changes your url, you don't have to do any modifications to your website.
Thanks given by:
Ok, thanks. I will do that.
www.winningiseasy.tk
Thanks given by:
I can't help you for the website (I usually make mine) unless you use some CMS or premade portal/script, but for a good forum I suggest this
http://forumfree.net/
Its main language is Italian, but I'm sure there's English too. It's one of the easiest to use, especially for graphics.
Thanks given by: