Licencing hell
Why we haven't asian philosophy in mental property, be proud if someone copy from us ? Why we must protect so much our outgoing shit ? In evolution is winner parameter and not individuals. Individuals die with new property. Damn.:/
Thanks given by:
One thing is copying your work, another thing is taking your work and releasing it as if I made it. I would be proud for the first one, mad for the second one.
Thanks given by:
It is considered rude to pretend like someone else's idea is one's own, as this both discredits the originator and falsely exalts the pretender.
Thanks given by:
So we should remove the source attribute in our outputs. Then nobody would care who created it firstly. Our outputs should have only attributes wwith the name of user, the name of validator. The count of them are important for the rest, not who created them.
Thanks given by:
Some people are proud of their work and want a little recognition for it. That is as much their decision as it is to share their work with the world in the first place.
On a personal basis, however, I agree with you. My motivation for scripting, for example, is more for the challenge and not so much for recognition. I stick my name on the scripts so people know who to go to if it screws up. XD
Thanks given by:
Sharing is Caring.
Stealing is...

* Nightmare thinks of rhyming word that makes sense...
Thanks given by:
There is something wrong ...

[Image: patent-thicket-of-smartphone-lawsuits-o.jpg]

@Nightmare
But you cannot never steal if the second is sharing.

ps. even that shitty picture is signed, wonder if you can use it :/
Thanks given by:
You mean the Asians that make fake Apple stores and the Nimtendo VVii?

It's still stealing if I steal some tootsie rolls but don't eat any myself.
Thanks given by:
Uch, C'mon.
Imagin, you'd find a medicament against cancer, and someone would steal it from you, because you didn't license it, and the guy who stealed it would get all the fame.
How would you find that? :D
Thanks given by:
Therefore the development of medicament against cancer takes so long time, the scientific work is more about merging others works and calling it with new terms, showing other view on existing data. My input is only about abilities to know sources, and merge what wasn't merged else. The scientific work is about stealing, they called it citations, sources and etc. (my experiences)

Next money, you need 100 and more licenses for such medicament because the calculated profit for that current hasn't else reached.
Thanks given by:
It's important to keep your intellectual property "safe." there is still no higher flattery than imitation. however, if someone steals your work and makes a lot of money/fame off it, then that is kind of f***ed up.

However, with proper citation and royalties, new works should not only be legal, but encouraged. That has been the human evolution up to this point.
Thanks given by:
In summary:
High flattery? Sure.
Pay the bills? Heck no.
Make ya feel good about contributing to society? Half as much.
Thanks given by:
I studyed enough to say that, Utopia can not exist.
Thanks given by:
We are monkeys, we copy all what we can see and hear. The current state is against our natural rules. ;)
Thanks given by:
Alien, yes it is awesome if you are an author, for example, and another author uses your fictional character.

However, when something is copied, people usually don't tend to address the formal creator, thus making him angry ... And that's why copyrights are used, it's all about thr money ;)

We have a lot of copyright issues with Vietnamese markets in Czech, don't we ;)
Thanks given by:
(19 Aug 11, 09:50PM)Alien Wrote: We are monkeys, we copy all what we can see and hear. The current state is against our natural rules. ;)

You can go on thinking you're a monkey if you'd like, but pure creation is not something to ...sneeze at.
Thanks given by: