Favorite... Old School Game! 16 bit or before!
So after the series on favorite action game we get specific. We are looking for your favorite games which came before the PS1, Saturn or N64.... AND WHY! My list is packed with greatness so here it is!

Castlevania 1 & 3: The 1st one i have beaten it to level 99 and beyond just for pure fun, never got it under less than 1 continue though. Its one of my favorite games of all time... The third one I played not long ago and got me hooked with the improvement on game-play! Amazing game with a chilly atmosphere and AWESOME MUSIC!

Akumajō Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (Castlevania for the TurboGrafx-16): Wow, what can I say. Incredible boss fights with the music as good as ever, multiple secret paths and... Maria Renard!

Super Metroid: One game I never played when I was young, but boy o boy was I happy when I discovered it! What a game. It has everything. Atmosphere, MUSIC, enemies, upgrades, adventure, Ridley, Mother-Brain ... Go play it now and you wont be disappointed, I promise!

Donkey Kong Country 3: I choose the 3rd cause it was the one I played for longer, but the three of them are INCREDIBLE. Loads of levels each with different gameplay mechanics that kept you hooked for ages, and an incredible difficulty that made you want to throw the controller away (but couldnt as it was WIRED!). Completion was rewarded and the music was awesome. If you dont feel as playing old games go buy Donkey Kong Country Returns as it is incredibly faithful to his ancestors! And as much as fun!

The Legend of Zelda: I dont know what to say about this game that you couldnt know before. Explore a whole new world as you help Link to gather the 8 pieces of the TRIFORCE of wisdom. Two quests, amazing dungeons, a music to be extolled forever ( I never leave home without it :) and hours of gameplay!

TLOZ; The Adventure of Link: Are you in for a challenge? Try beating this game without continuing. A change on direction made this game to be a side-scroller instead of a overview game, and i think it made it as awesome as it is. When playing this game you had to think before facing an enemy. Scarce health and almost no lives make you consider every move if trying to beat it on a sitting. Help Link to defeat Ganon and face one of the most difficult end Boss fights ever!

TLOZ; A Link to the Past: WOW, WHAT A GAME! It takes everything good from the past games and makes it HUGE! Be amazed by the overworld while trying to retrieve the 3 hidden medallions only to be transported to the F*****G dark world! Twice the fun! Now go and search for the 7 maidens so you can face the terrible Ganon! Do so with the help of the multiple items you will find on this ubber awesome adventure.

EDIT:

Money Island 1 & 2: When I was young I could never finish the first game, i always got stuck on Monkey Island and couldnt get past. That didnt take a bit away from the awesomeness this game is. Crazy dialogs and lovely characters compel one of the greatest point and click adventures of all time. The second installment begins where the first ends and adds more crazy stuff to the formula, getting you to know better all the isles of the Caribbean. Spitting contests, Grog, a library card and Wally help you throughout the whole adventure leaving you a very nice mouthful of GLORY.

Doom I: Back in the day our 386 couldnt handle Doom, but one day my cousin came home and made it to run under DOS before Windows 95 (?) could ignite, leaving me with the INCREDIBLE game that Doom is. Gore and action, devils and crazy marines on crowded hallways to be annihilated by a character we could see on screen, and a full roster of weapons at your disposal. Who doesnt remember the last room in the game?!

Duke Nukem 3D: Shake it baby! My god have I played this game. The first level ive got printed on my brain but I also remember playing pool, flushing the toilet, dancing girls, awesome secret paths and the shrinking gun! Oh! AND DUKE HIMSELF!

Tetris: My ass got marks of the toilet seat for being stuck for hours playing in the bathroom! All I got to say!

Illusion of GAIA: Ill let Roo, of Clan of the Grey Wolf explain this game greatness for me:

16 BIT GEMS

All i got to say is, GO PLAY IT... NOW!

Well thats all ive got for now, ill might add more!

EDIT X 2:

KILLER INSTINCT: OMG! One of the best fighting games evar! Its incredible combos, awesome music and lovely characters mixed perfectly for a very especial blend of awesomness. Even one character (ORCHID) showed her boobs on an ULTIMATE COMBO! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I7Ue2wX6iQ
Thanks given by:
1. DOOM 1-2 - very great game.
2. Need for speed 4 - if since 1999, in this game play... 500 humans in world, non-popular game.
Thanks given by:
Ocarina.
Thanks given by:
Crash Bash, the best game ever made.
Thanks given by:
I added more games to my list!
@Orynge @gambino @Mvv0105: please refrain to comment on games which doesnt fulfill the requirements of this category. Only 16 bit and before. Ill soon make a post of the 3rd generation of consoles where you can tell us your favorite games from systems like the PS2, Dreamcast, Xbox N64.... THANKS!
Thanks given by:
Doom 1 - 16 bit game, what different?
Battle city in nes - best, no comment
Thanks given by:
Doom.
Doom.

Doom.
Thanks given by:
@Mvv0105 I was just talking ´bout NFS 4 !! Doom is fine! Its also on my list!
Thanks given by:
Dune II.
Thanks given by:
Is Unreal Tournament 16 bit?
if so, then UT all over
Thanks given by:
There's two games I spent the most time on in my 4-16bit youth ;) ..

1. Ultima V on the c64
2. Elite on the Amiga500

I miss the days when games just came to you without a manual, and you had to figure everything out yourself, because they didn't have introductory chapters or tutorials buit-in.
You'd spend a lot more time on getting into the game.
I had no information on Ultima V, but I figured out the whole magic language, I could even write in it's own rune-alphabet, and I drew a map of the world myself. Years later I saw the actual Ultima V map, and I realized I got pretty close to it.

Now, these days, Elite would probably be a bit too grindy and repetitive to be enjoyable, but at the time, the sensation of freely moving through a virtual 3d-space was really mind-boggling.

On the PC, I spent a lot of time on Doom I+II and Descent I+II. I built my first map on descent II ;)

One honourable mention has to be "Gargoyle's Quest" on the Gameboy. A really great console-rpg/jump and run hybrid. Very beautiful graphics, considering the gameboy has only 4 shades of gray.

Actually, my first computer games were played on a Simens "Programming Machine", it had 12" floppy disks, a lovely amber monochrome monitor and ran CP/M as OS - ascii all the way. Even before I got an Atari VC2600 ;)
Thanks given by:
Laser Squad on c-64 - game that was crushing my brain everyday, very difficult but addictive.
Pirates! on c-64 - very original, you had to search your position on real, paper map to indicate your ship position, sea fights, sword duels and such piracy stuff
Thanks given by:
Chrono Trigger for SNES
Mortal Kombat 3 for SNES
Pirates! for NES
Heretic for DOS
Halloween Harry for DOS
Thanks given by:
(27 Aug 11, 09:48PM)V-Man Wrote: Chrono Trigger for SNES

You should watch OCremix website/remix about this game!!

___

Mario Bross [NES]
Double Dragon [NES]
Ski or Die [NES]
Rad Racer [NES]

That's all.

Thanks given by:
Super Mario World
Super Marion Land ofc.

And my first game + all time favourite: Commander Keen 4,5 and 6 :D
Thanks given by:
(27 Aug 11, 07:20PM)makkE Wrote: One honourable mention has to be "Gargoyle's Quest" on the Gameboy. A really great console-rpg/jump and run hybrid. Very beautiful graphics, considering the gameboy has only 4 shades of gray.

Man, how could I forget about Gargoyle´s Quest! Probably my other Game-Boy favorite! When I was very little we got it in exchange for Terminator II (and LJN game!). Best game deal ever! I remember I had a password that jumped you to the second realm but without the possibility to acquire the high jump wings (cant remember the name of them). I spent hours and hours looking for those wings! Finally when I grew older I got to play it all the way through and i have to say it impressed me seriously. Especially when you get all the upgrades! Firebrand FTW!
Thanks given by:
(27 Aug 11, 10:43PM).ExodusS* Wrote: You should watch OCremix website/remix about this game!!

:O
Omigosh
Want more
Thanks given by:
(27 Aug 11, 12:34PM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: a full rooster of weapons
The poor bird...
Thanks given by:
@Frogulis Lol. Edited.
Thanks given by:
i played boardgames :)
Thanks given by:
Sidescrolling Sonic the Hedgehog
Revenge of Shinobi
Thanks given by:
Conkers Bad Fur Day

that game was full of lulz and is a badass game overall...especially at the end with the matrix and then fighting the Alien in the mech suit :D
Thanks given by:
Edited:
@lucky stick to the topic :(
Thanks given by:
not sure if its 16 bit or not. Yoshi's Island on SNES. Legendary <3
Thanks given by:
NIGHTMARE SO TRUE THAT GAME WAS BEAST!

@paulmuaddibKA: I didnt know if it was 16 bit or before and personally i couldnt care...this is an offtopic....topic..whats next? How much shampoo do you use in the shower (conditioner does not count!) dont yell at me noob kthx

oh yoshi's story for teh Nintendo 64 is also good :D
Thanks given by:
@lucky Sorry if you found my "yelling" offensive. Anyway it takes time and effort to write some of these posts so please show some respect and inform yourself (also called: to think) before doing things, like posting on this thread. This could help you in a LOT of ways in your real life too so a bit of practice wont hurt.
Nice idea for a new thread though... XD
@Nightmare It fills under the category as Super Nintendo is 16 bit and old school (nowadays).
Thanks given by:
yeah the threads are all good...

but just because i dont know if a game is 16bit or not doesnt mean you can yell at me..its an offtopic thread..jeez one wrong post wont hurt le fanny

Again...Offtopic thread is offtopic
Thanks given by:
every Sonic game made before 3d blast//
Super street fighter II versions
Wonder boy in Monster World!!!
Earthbound, secret of mana, Megaman Xseries, Ranger X, Lunar, Metal Slug, TMNT HH/TiT
Thanks given by:
NES:
TECMO CUP (Captain Tsubasa 'european edition' - Football rol game)
Super Mario Bros 3 Classic
The new Zeland History
MegaDrive (Genesis):
Mortal Kombat 2
SONIC 3
SNES:
Ghost and ghouls
Street Fighter Turbo
Dragon Ball Z
Super Mario World
Exhaust heat
And some more games i forget :D
Thanks given by:
(28 Aug 11, 03:26AM)V-Man Wrote:
(27 Aug 11, 10:43PM).ExodusS* Wrote: You should watch OCremix website/remix about this game!!

:O
Omigosh
Want more

Visit: OCremix.org !!!

Thanks given by: