Rest In Peace Marco Simoncelli :(
One of MotoGP's upcoming riders Marco Simoncelli was involved in a serious accident during the Sepang Moto GP race in which his helmet was ripped off leaving him in a serious condition, and succumbed to his injuries at 4:55 local time in Malaysia.
<3

Its a very sad day for motorsport, thats two deaths in a race in two weeks :( I'm extremely sad..

Rest in Peace Marco my thoughts and prayers go out of your family.

[Image: 58marcosimoncelli_01_preview_169.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Damn, I woke up in the morning and I saw it on tv... I'm speechless, he was just 24 years old... RIP Marco...
Thanks given by:
After Dan Wheldon's death last week too :'(

Nascar's safety level is lightyears beyond other racing series. With racing being such a dangerous sport, I don't see how they can allow 200 mph+ go-karts and motorcycles(@ indy&motogp)
Things need to be changed or stuff like this will keep happening. :(

R.I.P Marco & Dan
Thanks given by:
(23 Oct 11, 12:38PM)Nightmare Wrote: Nascar's safety level is lightyears beyond other racing series. With racing being such a dangerous sport, I don't see how they can allow 200 mph+ go-karts and motorcycles(@ indy&motogp)
Things need to be changed or stuff like this will keep happening. :(

Formula 1 has made huge progress with regard to safety after Senna and Ratzenberger's death.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIAG8DvUc9c

As far as I remember, he walked out of that with only a broken shoulder for the rest of the championship.

It's only been a year since Tomizawa's death in Moto GP. This is a truly horrible week for motorsport. :(
Thanks given by: