AC in AppStore [for devs]
Hi,
litle question for devs, why dont you place AssaultCube in AppStore ?
It could make game a litle bit more popular. Maybe its possible to make with new version...

ps: For support I even will redownload it from there :)

thanks,
Vlad
Thanks given by:
I take it you mean the iTunes appstore.

Playing on a mobile device will get you pwned.

End of story.
Thanks given by:
Another concern, wouldn't people have to pay for it then?
Thanks given by:
(11 Nov 11, 07:25PM)Mai Mee Tur Wrote: I take it you mean the iTunes appstore.

Playing on a mobile device will get you pwned.

End of story.
there is iTunes app store and there is MAC OS App Store - i mean second.

story continue...

Thanks given by:
You didn't answer V-Man's question which is the biggest issue really. AC cannot be sold commercially.
Thanks given by:
No u dont have to pay for it. There are free apps.
Thanks given by:
u could submit to the Mac App store, and u dont have to require charges for it
Thanks given by:
Devs have to pay $99 for Apple App proceed and thus making AssaultCube commerically.
Thanks given by:
(11 Nov 11, 09:03PM)V-Man Wrote: Another concern, wouldn't people have to pay for it then?
No, apps can be free.

Bugboy1028 ' Wrote: Devs have to pay $99 for Apple App proceed and thus making AssaultCube commerically.
Yes, this is porblem, but maybe we have some people with apple dev account in comminuty or somebody have friends ... ?

Thanks given by:
nobody that plays assaultcube has friends
Thanks given by:
imo Apple is totally incompatible with Open Source, I mean Apple is in there for the money and nothing will ever be free (or at least not for long) in order to please greedy shareholders.
Thanks given by:
(12 Nov 11, 07:38AM)adam Wrote: nobody that plays assaultcube has friends

I was looking for an unlike button, but I forgot where i was
[Image: vwsf9j.jpg]

(12 Nov 11, 10:34AM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: imo Apple is totally incompatible with Open Source, I mean Apple is in there for the money and nothing will ever be free (or at least not for long) in order to please greedy shareholders.

(For long) is the keywords, I agree, the competition is getting stiff
Thanks given by:
so only one normal comment ?

pure community...
Thanks given by:
Your method of counting is questionable.
Thanks given by:
I disapprove of adding the game to the "app store", as this would be using AC for commercial means (the advancement of apple's sh*tty OS - i.e. to download from this place, you need an apple product). I'd be happy for us to redistribute AC via sourceforge designed for whatever platform, but adding it to the app store would mean we'd have to put up with their restrictions.

Signed: someone-that-dislikes-apple-making-money-because-they-produce-overpriced-products-which-are-marketable-because-they're-shiny person

(12 Nov 11, 10:34AM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: imo Apple is totally incompatible with Open Source, I mean Apple is in there for the money and nothing will ever be free (or at least not for long) in order to please greedy shareholders.

^ this.
(12 Nov 11, 06:25AM)Bugboy1028 Wrote: Devs have to pay $99 for Apple App proceed and thus making AssaultCube commerically.

^ this. Why would we pay to redistribute when sourceforge happily does that for us, for free?
Thanks given by:
I do understand that it may be hard to find someone with an account, but there are people who do. - would host it on the store

There are many in the community who have a Mac I.e. can script it - have the programs needed.

The fact that you're making AC commercial is incorrect. I had to buy hardware to play it.
Thanks given by:
I believe that with sourceforge available, there is no real need for it to be available anywhere else, much less the app store
Thanks given by:
(12 Nov 11, 07:44PM)RandumKiwi Wrote: ...
i understand you position, but you think other categories, like open source, free soft, freedom for all ... it is time to depart from them - Life absolutely not fair thing.

Lets think from promotion side.

You refuse a thing build in OS, which is intended for distribution purpose, in favor to some site for litle community. Why ? There is no logic here.

There is only one minus in this idea - 99$ for devs account, but i suggest to search friends.
Other things about your negative relations to Apple are offtopic and not intersting.
Thanks given by:
But why pay 99 for an account for the game when there's a free distributor
Thanks given by:
(13 Nov 11, 08:09AM)Vlad Wrote: i understand you position, but you think other categories, like open source, free soft, freedom for all ... it is time to depart from them
Vlad, are you off your head or is this a joke?

Ask any browser for a FREE FPS and you'll find AssaultCube (sometimes even on top of the list since it starts with an A). Free for all, no strings attached, no need to pay for upgrades or mods whatsoever....

Another example... Even if I and some very grateful people from this community pay a very small fee to host AKIMBO in no way ever are we going to reflect this to the community.
We are talking here about a state of mind and for most a deep conviction against capitalism and all it's implications.
Thanks given by:
(13 Nov 11, 11:33AM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: ...
FIREFOX - GOOGLE - FREE FPS

yes, on 5 page i found Assault Cube.
Thanks given by:
(13 Nov 11, 12:49PM)Vlad Wrote:

Google bubbles, which means everyone gets different results on the first page.

http://duckduckgo.com/
Thanks given by:
(13 Nov 11, 12:50PM)Orynge Wrote: ...
ye, i thought, that im noob and using noob browser and searcher (and os and laptop ... ) :D
Thanks given by:
What a weird idea. There is no need for this.
Thanks given by:
Cube is already on i think.
Thanks given by:
Of course automated package management makes things a lot more comfortable - you Windows people just don't know ;P
Seriously, AC is already distributed through dozens of such channels (e.g. Debian/Ubuntu, Arch, Fedora,...) and I don't think anyone here has a problem with that. But Apple's approach has always been and will always be customer and developer lock-in. And I can't really see why we should help and even pay them to keep up that system.
Thanks given by:
(13 Nov 11, 11:33AM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: We are talking here about a state of mind and for most a deep conviction against capitalism and all it's implications.

... or (in my case), simply the fact, that copyright law in it's current form is unfair and exploitative.

(13 Nov 11, 12:50PM)Orynge Wrote:
(13 Nov 11, 12:49PM)Vlad Wrote:

Google bubbles, which means everyone gets different results on the first page.

http://duckduckgo.com/

That's neat. Mine shows 5th one down: http://www.google.com/search?client=ubun...8&oe=utf-8

(13 Nov 11, 05:14PM)tempest Wrote: But Apple's approach has always been and will always be customer and developer lock-in. And I can't really see why we should help and even pay them to keep up that system.

Indeed. Apple sucks... amazingly, they're worse than Microsoft, because they charge far too much (Microsoft also charge far too much).

Thanks given by:
share is the secret of success
Thanks given by:
(14 Nov 11, 09:26AM)RandumKiwi Wrote: ...
Indeed. Apple sucks... amazingly, they're worse than Microsoft, because they charge far too much (Microsoft also charge far too much).
this is problem ...
well, keep wait, when will be fair and good IT corporation, that will extend products free and without advertizing. Moreover will help to children.
Thanks given by:
(14 Nov 11, 01:12PM)Vlad Wrote:
(14 Nov 11, 09:26AM)RandumKiwi Wrote: ...
this is problem ...
well, keep wait, when will be fair and good IT corporation, that will extend products free and without advertizing. Moreover will help to children.

I'd be happy with a compromise of not charging hundreds of dollars more than they should. The Microsoft operating system, imo, is worth a maximum of $60 NZD.

As to apple, their computers are often $1000 NZD overpriced.
Thanks given by: