Game engines
What do you think about ?
http://udk.com/

Have you got some experiences with other game engines and development in them ?
Thanks given by:
Nope.

* Orynge adds 1 to his post count.
Thanks given by:
I heard that UDK is easy because some mechanisms are done by default (like in cube). If you wanna be pr0 h4xx0r try Irrlicht.
Thanks given by:
Why would you even say that!?

* jAcKRoCk* calls a wild Pikachu
Thanks given by:
I asume it's an amazing mapping engine, very easy to use, always good map full of details, no heighfields...
Cube 2 is good too, but AC mapping is different. Make a good/realistic/full-details map on it is like "a challenge" and it is very appreciated by AC players.
Thanks given by:
Unreal maps in AC, imagine that!

I will challenge any mapper to make either DM_Deck17 or DM_Redeemer_Sniper_Heaven using the cube engine.
Thanks given by:
Maybe the Cryengine3 SDK would be a option for you too.
aslong as you don't use it commercially, the Cryengine SDK is free too :)
Thanks given by:
This game Renegade X is a mod from the unreal 3 engine(UT3). Its from the command and conquer series, Ive played it a few times
http://www.renegade-x.com/site/
Thanks given by:
(28 Nov 11, 07:32PM)Dementium4ever Wrote: Maybe the Cryengine3 SDK would be a option for you too.
aslong as you don't use it commercially, the Cryengine SDK is free too :)

Haha my favourite ofc!

(28 Nov 11, 06:58PM)MykeGregory Wrote: I will challenge any mapper to make either DM_Deck17 or DM_Redeemer_Sniper_Heaven using the cube engine.

Deck17: it's not mapping but modelling (cause the AC engine can not obviously do it without mapmodels) and for clips...mmh it will be as strange as when you walk on heighfields (little steps like little stairs)

Redeemer_Sniper: I think it will not be Ok cause of the map restrictions (volume rule) and there will be a lot of wall bugs (same than ac_keller with the exit texture but x100).

Btw: Frosbyte 2 sux, i don't know how they made it but it was certainely to fast/bad (for money money money).

Btw: Treyarch made and awesome engine for COD world at war.
Thanks given by:
"Frostbyte 2 sucks". It has awesome graphics, and you don't even know how the engine is, because it isn't aviable for free yet?

"Treyarch made..." : Ok.......oooookkkk. You know that the Engine of WAW, is nearly the same as in COD4? And that COD 4's is based on that of COD2? And that this engine is based on the Quake III engine? And that this engine is based of that from DOOM?

So, say thanks to John Carmack :D
Thanks given by:
(29 Nov 11, 03:08PM)Dementium4ever Wrote: "Treyarch made..." : Ok.......oooookkkk. You know that the Engine of WAW, is nearly the same as in COD4? And that COD 4's is based on that of COD2? And that this engine is based on the Quake III engine? And that this engine is based of that from DOOM?

So, say thanks to John Carmack :D

wat

Thanks given by:
Treyarch didn't made anything of the engine.
It was Id software and Infinity Ward.
Thanks given by:
yeah, id Tech ftw. Wonder what Tech 6 will be like. In fact, i wonder by how much cpu/gpu load will be increased by working with voxels.
Thanks given by:
(29 Nov 11, 04:49PM)Dementium4ever Wrote: Treyarch didn't made anything of the engine.
It was Id software and Infinity Ward.

Ah ok, i though Treyarch made a new one cause graphics were really better (for PC).

Thanks given by:
Hm, I don't know, but is there a real difference between COD4 and 5?

But btw, what about Irrlicht engine, and Unity Engine? They have some pretty nice graphics too. But I heard that Irrlicht is only for Hardcore-C++-Pro's ;)
Thanks given by:
(30 Nov 11, 03:17PM)Dementium4ever Wrote: Hm, I don't know, but is there a real difference between COD4 and 5?

The Emperor is naked!

Okay, he's wearing a speedo.
Thanks given by:
(29 Nov 11, 10:44PM)SKB Wrote: yeah, id Tech ftw.

F1
Thanks given by:
Saw this the other day and thought it was pretty cool. Its a render of the main hall and some parts of the Titanic using cryengine 3.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_IKqjb9TRY

Thanks given by:
Woah.
Hooray for motion blur!
What weapon is that guy holding?
Thanks given by:
(06 Dec 11, 07:39AM)Ruthless Wrote: Saw this the other day and thought it was pretty cool. Its a render of the main hall and some parts of the Titanic using cryengine 3.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_IKqjb9TRY

i found bug, no reflection of player in mirrors, it would be interesting what would happen if i put 2 mirrors in angle of 90 ;) benchmark for engine ;)

[Image: 4924813363_82653ec8cc_b.jpg]

Thanks given by:
That has got to be the hairiest gosh-darn hand I ever saw.
Thanks given by:
Not as hairy as the top of a shoulder of a russian I saw :s

@Topic: This with the mirrors, would be no problem, if you'd use enviroment maps.
But with ray-casted reflection: Hell, I don't even wanna think about it O_o
Thanks given by:
(28 Nov 11, 06:58PM)MykeGregory Wrote: Unreal maps in AC, imagine that!

I will challenge any mapper to make either DM_Deck17 or DM_Redeemer_Sniper_Heaven using the cube engine.

DM_Deck17 has been made in AC! Contact *Champion on this forum as he is the one that did it and I must say it is rather nice. He did it a little while ago and is usually the mapper for Unreal maps.
Thanks given by:
And make sure you spell his name correctly!
Thanks given by:
[Image: 320px-Champignons_Agaricus.jpg]
Discuss.
Thanks given by:
@tempest
you mean Mushroom Engine ? ;) www.hempuli.com/MEngine.zip

i worked in Game Maker, small airplane game, it was my first thing which i created in computer world :) ohh, first if statements and i remember i discovered there how works OOP(object oriented programming), instances of bullets, instances of enemy airplanes etc. ... :DD

Thanks given by:
No, he means Champignon.
Thanks given by:
(07 Dec 11, 01:07AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: No, he means Champignon.

F1. Champion did indeed make URT maps :P I think the FOX website still has them.
Thanks given by:
* V-Man adds "Champignon" to the list of in-game names
Thanks given by:
(06 Dec 11, 07:44PM)Alien Wrote: [quote='Ruthless' pid='77764' dateline='1323153541']
[Image: 4924813363_82653ec8cc_b.jpg]

I think that cry engine 3 can do this... with water fall reflexions :p
Thanks given by: