Poll: On Formula One:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I love it.
29.63%
8 29.63%
Meh
40.74%
11 40.74%
Poor man's drying paint
29.63%
8 29.63%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Formula One is...
It seems that people either like me only watch it in act of extreme masochism, or there's the people who think it's fascinating, they would honestly go so far as to rate it's excitement as "exceeding that of watching paint dry". And then there's my Dad who says he's "not bothered by it".
But most people who've had the dreadful misfortune of seeing anything other than the first 10 seconds of a race will not have a middle ground about it, I think. But let's find out.
Thanks given by:
Sure as hell beats NASCAR.
Thanks given by:
Formula One is like a long-running soap opera. If you started watching it when there was a gripping plotline, eg. a race with a constantly changing lead, or a superb charge from a low position to podium, or a season where the lead changes often, etc., then there's a good chance you'll be hooked. The circus has characters just like a soap, and the longer you watch, the more you're introduced to the sub-plots and alignments and, essentially, the life of F1.
Alternatively, the first race you watch could be 25% safety car, with the same driver leading from pole to finish, no overtakes, no crashes, and you find yourself asking, "Why am I watching this procession of cars go round and round for 2 hours? There's more variety on the nearest motorway (freeway/autoroute/bahn/strada/etc.)"
It was better in the '80s.
Thanks given by:
I like the first 5 mins after the start, then it usually gets boring
Thanks given by:
Formula One is just not my thing.
I can't imagine, that it is fun to watch cars, how they always drive the same road for hours.
Thanks given by:
Meh. Not my kind of sport.
Thanks given by:
Jamz hit it spot on. It has it's moments. I've followed F1 for years, and if you're understanding of the drama, teams issues and whatever, wins are more special. I can tell you now though, this season is gonna be great. The teams are far closer to eachother than they used to be!
Thanks given by:
I love it.
Thanks given by:
Quote:And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.
Quote:And suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension.
Formula one... XD
Thanks given by:
Somewhere between 'I love it' and 'Meh'.
Thanks given by:
For me it's as fun as watching flowers grow.
Thanks given by:
... theater for people, just good business.
Thanks given by:
(22 Apr 12, 06:06AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: For me it's as fun as watching flowers grow.
Thanks given by:
(21 Apr 12, 01:27PM)Dementium4ever Wrote: I can't imagine, that it is fun to watch cars, how they always drive the same road for hours.

Football is just running and kicking a ball into a net, basketball is just throwing a ball through a hoop.

You can describe every sport like this lol, but of course, there's always more involved.
Thanks given by: