The complete story
Let me first start out by saying, Medusa had the greatest of all intentions of being suspicious of me after she read the logs. She helps make this game fun by not playing with cheaters all the time in public servers. I have nothing but respect for her.

Let me tell you the full story from about a year ago. As some of you may recall, I thought that Striker was cheating. After bringing it up with some people in .45, one of their members made a wallhack attachment that was only supposed to work in demos and never online. Let me also add in, BrkDragon(the AC player that gave me this) had no intentions of cheating and probably just made a mistake. The file he gave me was not your typical hack. Usually when someone is hacking they replace their AC Client which all together changes your Client number and can be seen in logs. What he gave me was the DbgHelp_RemoveThisPartIfOnWin98.DLL or openal32_RemoveThisPartToUseOpenAL-Soft.dll file which you just replace that. What he didn't know is the file he gave me actually worked in online modes. The weird thing about this is, it works with ACWC client and it just shows up at random times. I could play ten straight games without the wallhack popping up and I could go on AC and it would instantly have wallhack. Right after I found that BrkDragon was wrong about the client, I gave the file to two people. Jamz and Rofl. I gave it to Jamz for obvious reasons and I gave it to Roflcopter because I wanted to prove that people could still cheat with the ACWC client. After giving it to them, I deleted it. The weird thing about this file is, even if you delete it, it still works but less often. So now this wallhack would appear about once a month and there was nothing I could do about it. Restarting my AC would get rid of this wallhack so that is what I did whenever it showed up. Since this was so unreliable I got another hack from a friend so I could research Striker some more on his demos. This was an actual cheat client. Now that you got the history of why I had these, let me tell you what happened on the day I used the cheat client in Medusa's server.

As said from above, this weird file BrkDragon gave me appears randomly turned on in the middle of the game I was playing. Not knowing what had happened( It was the first time it had happened to me in 6 months because I had quit the game for some time), I thought I maybe used the wrong client or something and immediately quit. So what I did is loaded the modified client because I thought it was the correct client. Then after I joined the server, I realized it was the cheat client. I was trying to figure out what had happened because both of my clients were acting up. This is the reason why I was inactive in the game/demo. I was wondering what the fuck had happened to my AC and was trying to figure out the reasoning for both my clients not working. Shortly after my blacklist, I was told by D3MONWOLF and Cho(he also received this file from Brkdragon and reviewed demos) that I had to reinstall AC. I did so and haven't had any problems since.

I am sorry for this mistake guys and I have deleted my modified client so that it never happens again. If you do not believe me about this weird file, Ask Jamz or Rofl, maybe they will still have it and you could see how unreliable it really is. I am willing to respond to any further questions. Also I would once again like to say Medusa did her job correctly and was in fact very professional about it. Thank you all for your time.
Thanks given by:
Cool story Whop :)

srsly, cool story. I believe you though, but I also won't be surprised if you have actually used that cheat on previous games. :p
Thanks given by:
So you had a cheat client working for a long time, and you "had no clue how to get rid off it"? So instead of trying to reinstal the game, something that sounds like the most normal thing to do if this story is anything close to the truth, you just kept using that client because you only cheated on occasions? Am I understanding you correctly?
Thanks given by:
Its not a cheat client C4rma. It is a file that you put in the same area but it isn't a client. I deleted this but somehow it wouldn't delete. I left Assault Cube right around this time and came back after 6 months and found out that it still pretty much worked. Let me also add that this wallhack dll actually messes up your AC too. It makes the game so bright that even the players are invisible and you can see through them. It actually is 10 times harder to use than not using them so I never used it ingame.
Thanks given by:
That kind of cheats are supposed to work only on an specific client (.exe), because the memory are mapped in different ways on different clients.

(19 Sep 13, 11:05PM)bballn45 Wrote: The weird thing about this file is, even if you delete it, it still works but less often. So now this wallhack would appear about once a month and there was nothing I could do about it.
No, probably you have a copy of that dll in some system path.
Thanks given by:
So would reinstalling AC delete the path to this copy? Just to make sure.
Thanks given by:
(20 Sep 13, 12:01AM)bballn45 Wrote: So would reinstalling AC delete the path to this copy? Just to make sure.
No
Thanks given by:
So, I would have to find the actual file which is copied somewhere. Oh great, this could be an issue.
Thanks given by:
Or try to delete the path from the registry.
Thanks given by:
I can vouch for whop. We did test the file and reviewed Striker's(Xemi) demo files, and we did show Larry(rofl) that people could still cheat when using the ACWC in 2012 tournament because people kept claiming they are using ACWC client and cannot cheat which was thought to be almost impossible to cheat on it. I removed the file (openAl32.dll) like whop did a week after I got the file, but was still activating randomly in-game. I was the smart one and reinstalled AC.
The file was in a .zip or .rar and was named AtomicPower.
Thanks given by:
I vouch for whop too yes the file did have alot of bugs. I used it on my windows since I only pkay on mac to see the intentions if striker and see if he was hacking this file was in no way meant for any other thing.

I do believe infact that it has a on and of switch which I think is the f1 key so that might solve the problem of it turning on and of after the file has been removed.whop is a trustfull guy and he would never cheat like that it was only used for the demo viewing purposes of stricker.

and as cho said because of this file it does prove 100% that people can cheat using the acwc client and it can't be an excuse anymore.

I hope this gets things cleared up and get things back to normal.
Thanks given by:
(20 Sep 13, 12:44AM)Cho Wrote: I was the smart one and reinstalled AC.

i vouch for whop; he is too stupid to cheat
Thanks given by:
(19 Sep 13, 11:05PM)bballn45 Wrote: The file he gave me was not your typical hack. Usually when someone is hacking they replace their AC Client which all together changes your Client number and can be seen in logs. What he gave me was the DbgHelp_RemoveThisPartIfOnWin98.DLL or openal32_RemoveThisPartToUseOpenAL-Soft.dll file which you just replace that.

It's called dll injection.

(19 Sep 13, 11:05PM)bballn45 Wrote: Restarting my AC would get rid of this wallhack so that is what I did whenever it showed up. Since this was so unreliable I got another hack from a friend so I could research Striker some more on his demos.

But:

a) you didn't reinstall then when you knew it was affecting your game.
b) ANOTHER one? jesus mate, you really like those cheat clients.

(19 Sep 13, 11:05PM)bballn45 Wrote: Also I would once again like to say Medusa did her job correctly and was in fact very professional about it.

Yes, she did, and you should still be banned for it.

EDIT: This shouldn't be in clans and wars. It has nothing to do with what clan you are in, it is entirely about who you are as a person. (A liar)
The fact that you simply say, I didn't realise I was cheating, and I got rid of it straight away is like me murdering somebody then saying I didn't realise it would kill them, and I made sure I got rid of the murder weapon you should let me go free sir! It's not like I can't just go murder someone else with a different murder weapon.

Whop, you are a horrible story teller.
Thanks given by:
I deleted the file. I did not see how reinstalling the game would help.
Thanks given by:
It wouldn't have not helped as well, it was worth the try, and apparently that worked for Cho.
Thanks given by:
I had no idea it worked for Cho until 6 months after. I should have tried it.
Thanks given by:
Pls blaklist dis guy.
Thanks given by:
(20 Sep 13, 04:23AM)gambino Wrote: Pls blaklist dis guy.

Eh, shut it. Whop has been around a while. I don't know if he is being truthful or not, but I think he deserves the benefit of doubt. that being said, I do hate cheaters. And this doesn't look good at all. Seems to be a far fetched story
Thanks given by:
In the attempt to save your skin, you jumped straight into the pit of shit even more, in my humble opinion.
Your story seems to involved. It seems you are not telling all the truth.
Why?
Those .dll files don't get called by 'itselves' there must be a launcher, this launcher, this launcher loads the legit ac client, patches it in memory and replaces the legit functions with the cheating ones (dll injection). If you are telling the truth and there is no launcher, then those .dll files should contain all of the opengl calls patched (which are no less than 100) which I SERIOUSLY DOUBT. And for to be 100% sure about the truth then disassembling and investigating those .dll of yours should reveal the truth but I seriously doubt someone would want to spend the time in doing it, so whatever.
But please don't try to fool us with that story about openAl.dll, this library is an audio library not a graphics library as opengl32.dll is, you can't wall hack with openAl.dll, please...

TL;DR : You used a cheating client. You did not want get rid of it until you got caught using it.

Anyways I really don't give a fuck who you are or what you do, I have nothing personal against you either but I couldn't stand all that wall of bullshit.

My two cents.
Thanks given by:
Your humble opinion and you seem to have good reasoning for it but I really had nothing to do with making,it. All I did was put it in my AC folder. The reason I said the audio and video file is because I did not remember which one I replaced but I knew it was one of the two files. Honestly, I don't think anyone has this file anymore, but maybe brkdragon could make another one just to prove to you how unreliable it is. I don't know what else I should say because I am not that techy to know this type of stuff.

I'd also like to add in here that I do not know anything about a launcher. Sorry but this wallhack just appeared in the,middle of the game and at random times.
Thanks given by:
So basically whop is an idiot and didn't do what everyone else would do when something is wrong with their client.. I don't believe someone could possibly be that stupid, considering your play time you would know better, don't make up blatant lies about not knowing the easiest way to fix a client bug... reinstall
Thanks given by:
(20 Sep 13, 06:18AM)Shorty Wrote: So basically whop is an idiot and didn't do what everyone else would do when something is wrong with their client.. I don't believe someone could possibly be that stupid, considering your play time you would know better, don't make up blatant lies about not knowing the easiest way to fix a client bug... reinstall
That is what bugs me about his story. And also why the hell would you even play matches against others when you know you will go all "wallhack on" out of nowhere. Personally, I would have at least contacted someone like jamz or Bukz for some help on fixing/clearing out the client, not keeping the client for several months not giving a damn.
Thanks given by:
So you used a wallhack to try to catch someone using a wallhack?

Wtflol

Just search the file in your pc search function or run a dll-fixer
Thanks given by:
(19 Sep 13, 11:05PM)bballn45 Wrote: After giving it to them, I deleted it. The weird thing about this file is, even if you delete it, it still works but less often. So now this wallhack would appear about once a month and there was nothing I could do about it.

fucking what

(20 Sep 13, 07:29AM)Marti Wrote: So you used a wallhack to try to catch someone using a wallhack?

yes. this is what everyone does.

(20 Sep 13, 05:00AM)TheNihilanth Wrote: TL;DR : You used a cheating client. You did not want get rid of it until you got caught using it.

probably gave it to his friend xemi. only way to beat AUS.
Thanks given by:
blacklist
Thanks given by:
Given your history, I don't think I can believe you.
Thanks given by:
ban ! ban ! ban !
Thanks given by:
Uh?

This is like Kafka's version of the brother excuse...

If anything else he deserves a ban on the account of stupidity.
Thanks given by:
wish I saw this sooner so I can go
U cheat U get banned! It that simple!
like an idiot
Thanks given by:
you could've tried harder to make that a haiku felix :D

wish i saw this soon
you cheat you get banned! simple!
like an idiot

it was so close already

ontopic: regardless of what the truth actually is, without evidence of whop using this after his "6 month break" is there really a point to a blacklist. maybe just to stop him from playing the game when he actually wants to. we've seen people before say that they would "punish themselves" by leaving for awhile. to me i think boomy has it right
Thanks given by: