Flag Etiquette
If someone on your team loses there flag, near the base i believe it should be dropped for that person, i myself a great practitioner of the "return of flag" even though not many do it, please people who play on the TYD servers dont be selfish many players try very hard to capture the flag and believe once they get the flag its there, this is very inconsiderate show some respect .

[Image: 71443931.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If i pick up a flag i score it, none of this sharing business.
Thanks given by:
WTH??

«please people who play on the TYD servers dont be selfish»

CTF is a TEAM game.
If you get killed and lose the flag you really mean team should risk loosing the flag so you can have your score?

If you want to have that flag-score so bad stay alive until you score.

My backspace is binded and i cant drop flags - and i dont expect anyone to drop it for me.

So score the damn flag, fast, sometimes teammates are waiting in enemy base for a new flag run and if you keep hugging and screwing flag they will get killed.
Thanks given by:
I have drop flag on f3 ^^ Much closer to my hand than backspace

I was playing a match the other day when I was killed a few metres away from the flag. Nobody touched the flag. Although I was somewhat appreciative as it let me get my score, it was a tense moment when I was dead and nobody was making an attempt to get the flag. It would be a waste of the effort required to get the flag and run back to base, only to lose the score because my team didn't pick it up.

In a situation like this (slightly further away from the base, but essentially the same as the one in your pic) it only takes one sneaky RVSF player to run up the middle and touch the flag. Don't waste the flag.

Also, what OpenSource said.
Thanks given by:
Flags must be scored as soon as possible. What if you'd drop it and the enemy would return it?
Thanks given by:
It's really nice when someone drops the flag for you but it is risky. Not only is there the danger of the other team returning their flag, but a newbie on your own team may grab the flag without knowing what to do and charge to the front lines. Fun!
Thanks given by:
Exactly. When you're playing a team-based mode, you are playing for the team, and it should not matter which member of the team scores, as long as your team scores.
Thanks given by:
I remember a match when I would run up to the flag, then run halfway back to the base, and hand the flag off to Arctic_Ninja and he'd capture it as I held off the pursuers.

I have to agree with the "let the guy who got it, capture it" but if the enemy is bearing down on you, I'd have to say CAPTURE THE FRIKKIN FLAG!!

:) but if no one is around. . .
Thanks given by:
(18 Mar 11, 01:28PM)Gibstick Wrote: but a newbie on your own team may grab the flag without knowing what to do and charge to the front lines. Fun!
haha I've seen that to happen so many times.

It's a team mode so the goal is to get the most flags for the team no matter which player scores.
Thanks given by:
Well, you lost the flag, it's not yours anymore. No problem if someone gets it and score.

(18 Mar 11, 03:34PM)Z-karIuS Wrote: It's a team mode so the goal is to get the most flags for the team no matter which player scores.

Thanks given by:
WTF?
It's one thing to think like this in a closet, but to come onto the forum and say it out loud is simply embarrassing.
If you lack the skills to stay alive, the game is designed in such a way that this lack of skills causes you to DIE. And dying causes you to DROP THE FLAG. And when you drop the flag, someone else on your TEAM can pick it up and SCORE FOR THE TEAM despite your lack of skills. So DO NOT WHINE to your team, in a Justin-Bieber-pitched voice, to drop the flag so that you can make your INDIVIDUAL score pretty. If you can't play for a TEAM, stick to 1v1.
Vain attitudes like this are what cause teams to lose.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I'm going to go along with the general consensus here. It's a team game and scoring at all is more important than risking not scoring by trying to make sure the "right" person scores. What OP suggests is almost always a bad idea because you have to:

1. See teammate die
2. Pick up the flag
3. Wait several seconds for respawn
4. Identify teammate who might not even stay at the base to take the flag back, making steps 2 and 3 pointless
5. Drop the flag

Then, as you obviously cannot be AT your flag base, your teammate has to travel the distance from cover to your flag to score.

During this process there is far too much opportunity for either of you to be killed and for the whole operation to be rendered useless.

I don't think anything in CTF pisses me off more than when I die right before scoring and I have to watch as several teammates ignore the easy score while one enemy runs through the base, returns his flag, and takes ours.

Just fucking score already.
Thanks given by:
Lol? What's next, if I frag you, I'm gonna let you frag me back because it's the fair thing to do? lmfao
Thanks given by:
It's a team mode, so I don't really give it back, nor expect it to. Though to be honest, sometimes I feel uber nice so if the situation rises that there are no enemies and you are beside me, I will surely give it back :D
Thanks given by:
i usually say : since ctf is a teammode, flag owner is the team, not the bearer...
Thanks given by:
I expect my teammates to drop my flags, but i won't do it for them.

Well, rarely.
Thanks given by:
Soddy about the rant ,
Seems like the general consensus from you guys is "finders keepers" and just score the dAMM Flag! unless its safe to do so drop it for your mate

Quote:despite your lack of skills

i guess i want be doing that anymore.

Thanks for giving me the general perspective.

On the other hand people who competitively play on the TYD ladder do you think there should be a column for team effort why doesn't TYD add points for being on the winning team obviously with parameters like 10min of required game play or a 1000+ points etc.
Thanks given by:
Because i can play 10min, have 0 frags, and STILL be on the winning team.
Thanks given by:
Personally, I am a proud supporter of players picking up the flag their team mate lost and then dropping it. It gives me the opportunity to get some points by stealing it and scoring myself.
Thanks given by:
"Ladders killed teamplay in AC"
Thanks given by:
Nop, peoples _not_ thinking about _team_ did.
The point in a CTF mode match is to score more flags then your enemy.
Who score dosent matter.
But if you are so "my flag my flag" then make your own ladder and change the scores if someone "steals" your flag.
Thanks given by:
If You lost the flag It's not longer yours, if You died that's. Your problem if keep asking people to drop, they wont doit, It's a TEAM game doesn't matter who scores.
Thanks given by:
As most of us has said its team based.
But you do have people "thinking about them self".
You do have "ratio whores" that dont give a shit about winning or losing the game as long as they get real high ratio/score.
Personally i cant stand the players but they are a part of the game.
So is teamkilling, so dont get in my way ratio whores. ;)
The best thing is just to leave the server.

Anyway, dont think about ladder score and your own score. Think about team and your score will get up.
Whats important: getting a good score for your self or winning the game?
Thanks given by:
"Opensource 3rd Elder of AssualtCube" thanks for helping me seeing it in a different light, your arguments were clear and concise, and easily the most productive of what i read. Im taking on your advice and maybe it will help me better my game :P
Thanks given by:
Orynge was that one of my quotes? Cuz it sounds really freaking familiar. :D. Plus I was just about to say the same thing! Good show mate, good show!
Thanks given by:
(19 Mar 11, 10:28AM)MorganKell Wrote: Orynge was that one of my quotes? Cuz it sounds really freaking familiar. :D. Plus I was just about to say the same thing! Good show mate, good show!

Well, someone said it and it wasn't me, so, probably. :P
Thanks given by:
I apologize if it seemed like all my bile was let loose on you -- it's just that I've never had the opportunity to address that concept in the forum before, and there are so many people in-game who need to read those words.

I agree that the ladder(s) should have a way to detect teamwork and reward it appropriately.
Thanks given by:
This is what the "score" (in scoreboard (Nomen Est Omen!)) is doing already - but it will be improved upon even more, as we progress beyond weapon-balance .. there's SOOO much to do, so little time.
The score acknowledges stuff like protecting the flag, or if someone says (VC) "Cover me!" and you reply (VC) "Yes!" and then do that - you score points for it.
We should discuss the particulars and see what we can make the program understand once the upcoming release is finally done - but feel free to brainstorm already, just it won't have any high priority until after the release!
Thanks given by:
You've implemented it?? Hallelujah!
Guys! Voicecom can contribute to score!!
Thanks given by:
*Krrrk* "I'm coming in with the flag!"
Thanks given by: