Poll: Do you think clans are pointless?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
11.36%
5 11.36%
No
88.64%
39 88.64%
Total 44 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Are clans pointless?
What's your opinion? Please give reasons.
Thanks given by:
imo you will have more fun in a clan than by you play solo
Thanks given by:
Clan = Friendship, Teamwork, Leadership... many more
But when your in a clan you can turn to one another in problems and so on. Members of your clan help you somehow always. If you were out there alone you'd get bored of having to look for another 24/7, in a clan you cna comunicate wherever you are..
That didn't make sense... xD
Thanks given by:
They aren't so pointless. I mean, that's according to your attitude... If you are a lonely man (like me) you won't enjoy them so much, but if you like to frag with some mates...

Some of them also raise up your reputation and respect!
Thanks given by:
Definitely not "pointless". Some people like to play in a clan, others (like me) don't. The only thing I do find pointless is switching clans twice a week or so.
Thanks given by:
(25 May 11, 07:18PM)Andrez Wrote: They aren't so pointless. I mean, that's according to your attitude... If you are a lonely man (like me) you won't enjoy them so much, but if you like to frag with some mates...
you can play with friends without being in any clan at all though
(25 May 11, 07:18PM)Andrez Wrote: Some of them also raise up your reputation and respect!
and some of them lower it, either way i'd rather be respected for who I am as opposed to the clan i'm in

Thanks given by:
Clans definitely aren't pointless (for the reasons mentioned above, mostly) but they are often overrated. You don't need to be in a clan to have fun, and clans just aren't for some people. However, some people think that you can't be important in the community without being in a clan, and that's just not true.
Thanks given by:
(25 May 11, 07:49PM)Lantry Wrote: However, some people think that you can't be important in the community without being in a clan, and that's just not true.
Oh, I misread, nvm

(25 May 11, 07:48PM)Hellspell Wrote: you can play with friends without being in any clan at all though
and some of them lower it, either way i'd rather be respected for who I am as opposed to the clan i'm in
Yes, but clanwars (except inters) are hard to do without being in a clan, and anyway, you have to know how to choose the right clan.
Thanks given by:
Technically, we are all in the same AC clan.

To answer the question...

Clans are clans, join a clan, don't join a clan. No one will really cares either way. I would say if you are a new comer[here for 6 months or less], being in a clan is necessary, so that one will learn the Do's and Don'ts of AC.

e.g. Preventing new gamers from starting threads called ^^, or my map won't play in multiplayer, etc...
Thanks given by:
Clans are not pointless.

Also,
Edit: nvm.
Thanks given by:
I used to avoid clans and joining clans untill i realised they were not all rabid gamer pros.
joining clans can improve gameplay, friendship and tactics. Clans good.
Thanks given by:
V-man didn't you notice the 'just kidding' I put at the end? assuming your comment was directed at me
Thanks given by:
(25 May 11, 10:40PM)Hellspell Wrote: V-man didn't you notice the 'just kidding' I put at the end? assuming your comment was directed at me

Guilty conscience Hellspell? :P
I think it was to go along with his "nvm"
Thanks given by:
Is not pointless as far as you know why you have joined a clan on first place
Thanks given by:
I don't find them pointless. Being in a clan helps you improve your skills, teamwork, and gameplay by playing with other members around your level while at the same time always striving to become better and beat them. You get to create strong relationships with the members, you enter a completely different world of "clans", and other things that I can't remember now.
Thanks given by:
(25 May 11, 10:40PM)Hellspell Wrote: V-man didn't you notice the 'just kidding' I put at the end? assuming your comment was directed at me

Don't worry, my edit was to explain why I removed some text from my post.
At any rate, I can't see the "just kidding." Is it hiding? :D
Thanks given by:
(26 May 11, 02:44AM)Lantry Wrote:

Guilty conscience Hellspell? :P
I think it was to go along with his "nvm"

I thought I posted a comment after vern with jk at the end, now i can't see it. Now Im confused as to whether it didn't post or whether it got removed
Thanks given by:
Most clans are pointless... Only a few of them are worth.

Pointless clans: Ephemeral, no teamwork, no skills improvement and no friendship.
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't play AC if it wasn't for my clan.
Thanks given by:
* Votes yes

No way are clans pointless. You get to be active more then you want to. Plus, you get to compete with all kinds of neeblets that look up to you and go make a clan like GiH. Then they ask you, beg you to join. Then you drag it on and on by saying, i don't know. I need to ask my parents if i can accept the terms and policies.
Thanks given by:
(26 May 11, 11:07AM)Orynge Wrote: I wouldn't play AC if it wasn't for my clan.

+1
Thanks given by:
There wouldn't be as many good servers, I think. And that silly friend finder app would be useless.
Thanks given by:
I think clans are almost necessary. Why? Because you get to know people better, because you improve your skills (in some cases), because it's more likely that you'll enjoy the game if you know the people playing with you (you got their mail or some other way of comunicating that makes it safer too), mostly because if you choose a clan is because the guys in it are a lot like yourself (or at elast that would be my way of choosing). A smaller community within a bigger community, much more personal i think.
Thanks given by:
Clans are necessary, in my opinion, just because they give you an opportunity to build connections with your clan mates that being solo can't.
Thanks given by:
depends on the clan...
Thanks given by:
All the points i've seen raised so far are things you can do even if you're not in a clan.
'it can raise your skills' - practice is what raises your skills, you dont need to be in a clan to do that.
'it allows you to build connections with people' - I build connections with people i meet in the pubs just through talking to them in game. And if i do want to acquaint my self a clan I can always sign up on their website just like their clan members and get to know them from there. I dont have to join them.
Thanks given by:
Clan match without a clan. ;)

Thanks given by:
They call it "interclan" and often invite non-clan players.
Sepehr invited me to my first, it made me feel so 1337!
Thanks given by:
(27 May 11, 08:21PM)Hellspell Wrote: And if i do want to acquaint my self a clan I can always sign up on their website just like their clan members and get to know them from there. I dont have to join them.

Right, but if there were no clans, you wouldn't be able to do this. Clans provide important "sub-communities", if you will, within the larger community, which make it easier to get to know people. Yes, they may not be necessary, but this does not make them pointless.
Thanks given by:
(27 May 11, 09:19PM)V-Man Wrote: They call it "interclan" and often invite non-clan players.
Sepehr invited me to my first, it made me feel so 1337!

Minus the blood. ;)
Thanks given by: