Shotgun noob here
Hello everyone! I just wanted to say something to the community and that is to ask if we can stop all this "shotgun noob" comments and attacking someone for using the shotgun. It is VERY poor sportsmanship and it is getting out of hand in my opinion. At least I am getting tired of seeing it. I don't complain when I get sniped across the field so I would like the whole shotgun issue to come to an end and we all act like mature people and accept it as part of the game because that is what it is.

Like any other weapon to be at the top of the kill ratio it takes skill. Noobs with shotguns are NOT controlling this game. I play probably a couple hours everyday and have done so for years. If I am good with the shotgun it is because I practiced it and I earned anything I get with it along with anyone mastering the smg or sniper or whatever. Different strategies come with different weapons, so true in the real combat scene as well. So can we stop the childish crying and complaining when you get splattered?

PS Most of my shotgun kills are on the second shot and not splatters. If you have not killed me with your smg/AR whatever before I get the second round pumped into my shotgun then well you deserve to die as I have successfully evaded you and your weapon of choice. So can we stop being a bad sport about it? Thanks
Thanks given by:
Good luck with the shotgun next release. :)
I've seen you on pubs, welcome to the forums!
Thanks given by:
Nobody really means to blame you for shotguns that splatter from ten cubes away. They want to pin their frustrations on a particular person rather than the inanimate code.
Thanks given by:
(19 Oct 11, 01:10AM)Nightmare Wrote: Good luck with the shotgun next release. :)
I've seen you on pubs, welcome to the forums!

I am actually looking forward to it. Should be interesting to see how they "balance the weapons" I guess if it is not fair I will move to smg/AR, if it is fair I won't change a thing. But seems to me someone took a look at it when they put it out the first time. I mean it takes time to learn a new weapon and so with that in mind I hope the team does not do anything really drastic. If I used the smg for two hours everyday for two years people would be complaining about how fast they died or who knows what? I guess I am not one to cave to the whiners... But I will respect whatever comes down, it is a free site and they have done a great job creating it so they deserve that. If the shotgun comes back unfair? If noobs are taking me to the cleaners well then at that point I will decide whether to invest the time to learn another weapon or do something else, plant carrots in the garden or something ;)
Thanks given by:
Send Ronald_Reagan a PM about how interested you are in testing potential shotgun changes.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I hear you. I think the thing is that in every game someone wants a "noob tube" to blame, and the most obvious (for some people) is, in this case, the shotgun. This may be due to its power when well-wielded (but the same in any other weapon!), or mistaken ideas about the typical spread of shotguns leading to frustration when one can effectively fight with a shotgun from farther away than people would generally expect.

I favor the shotgun quite a lot, and I think that it does indeed require skill. Whatever weapon one uses, one has to be careful with various aspects of aiming, choice of path, and strategy in battling others depending on their weapon.
Thanks given by:
(19 Oct 11, 12:31AM)Sicario Wrote: If you have not killed me with your smg/AR whatever before I get the second round pumped into my shotgun then well you deserve to die as I have successfully evaded you and your weapon of choice.

This ^^

People get frustrated because you won and they didn't. Thats how all games like to work. Any good sport will forget it and come back for revenge :D... or die again, rage and leave. My personal choice would be to bring out the same weapon if I am at a dire loss and counter rape.
Thanks given by:
I love when I get splattered. It's makes me chuckle. And there are good shotgunners, not maniacs who run around going "AIAIAIIAIAIAIAIAIAIAIIA"

Kudos to you for making a statement!
Thanks given by:
Its not the fact that people are using a shotgun...its when the WHOLE PUB minus yourself is using a shotty when you turn a corner you die BOOM
Thanks given by:
I do agree with you when it comes to yelling out at people killing you, but you really need to respect all the players in the game. I've seen you and you tend to insult your teammates and other players when you're loosing, anyways we all use the shotgun at least once its funny and cool to pop out with it in a pub.

Once someone told me that there a no noob weapons, that's just a matter of perspective.

Thanks given by:
I think it's very admirable that you have come out of the closet pubs to spread awareness about this terrible disease. I think it is very unfortunate that people are born with something as misunderstood as a shotgun and I hope that we soon find a cure for this disgusting disease, so you can lead a happy, normal life.
[/satire]
Thanks given by:
Don't take it personally, people just get upset about how powerful and "easy" it is to use the shotgun in the current version.
Thanks given by:
(19 Oct 11, 02:50AM)lucky Wrote: Its not the fact that people are using a shotgun...its when the WHOLE PUB minus yourself is using a shotty when you turn a corner you die BOOM

Lesson learned: Don't turn corners. :-P

@Cemer: It's spelled YAIYAIYAI!!!
Thanks given by:
Cue noob-cannon video...

Does it still have an internet home?
Thanks given by:
(19 Oct 11, 04:23AM)V-Man Wrote: @Cemer: It's spelled YAIYAIYAI!!!

in your dialect of shotgun-terrorist
Thanks given by:
(19 Oct 11, 12:31AM)Sicario Wrote: Hello everyone! I just wanted to say something to the community and that is to ask if we can stop all this "shotgun noob" comments and attacking someone for using the shotgun. It is VERY poor sportsmanship and it is getting out of hand in my opinion. At least I am getting tired of seeing it. I don't complain when I get sniped across the field so I would like the whole shotgun issue to come to an end and we all act like mature people and accept it as part of the game because that is what it is.

Like any other weapon to be at the top of the kill ratio it takes skill. Noobs with shotguns are NOT controlling this game. I play probably a couple hours everyday and have done so for years. If I am good with the shotgun it is because I practiced it and I earned anything I get with it along with anyone mastering the smg or sniper or whatever. Different strategies come with different weapons, so true in the real combat scene as well. So can we stop the childish crying and complaining when you get splattered?

PS Most of my shotgun kills are on the second shot and not splatters. If you have not killed me with your smg/AR whatever before I get the second round pumped into my shotgun then well you deserve to die as I have successfully evaded you and your weapon of choice. So can we stop being a bad sport about it? Thanks

Can I make a couple more observations and that is I have been mowed down from far off with my useless shotgun in my hand to return long range fire as often if not more often than I have splattered anyone. Really nothing wrong with the shotgun, if it were a noob gun then noobs would be controlling the board and they are not.

Leave it alone fella's is my recommendation. You can not mess with nature without upsetting the balance somewhere else. Eliminate the shotgun and the noob that might be able to score with it and what will happen is you will have created more camper sniper noobs who never go for the flag but just camp and that changes the fun of the game. One thing about shot gunners is that they are movers, they engage the enemy and that is one thing that makes this game fun! It is also one thing that keeps people from camping out in packs at the bases. A shotgunner can clean up when campers got their eyes stuck in the scopes all base camped and all. That needs to be the case or the game is going to become a campathon.

I am open to help test anything if anyone wants me to.

Thanks given by:
There is no such thing as shotgun noobs. However, there are those noobs who keep yelling shitgun everytime they are mercilessly murdered. I say let's keep splating them.

Welcome to the forums!
Thanks given by:
If shotgun will be nerfed move to carbine. Its perfectly balanced (with advanced two-shot-kill-you-miss-you-die aiming system)
Thanks given by:
Its not the player that is noob. but the weapon... Every one knows its [Shotgun] overpowered.
Thanks given by:
(19 Oct 11, 04:38PM)FleshyPod Wrote: If shotgun will be nerfed move to carbine. Its perfectly balanced (with advanced two-shot-kill-you-miss-you-die aiming system)

Or 100% accuracy, die anyways. Other guns kill faster than the time it takes for a 2nd shot to get off with the Carbine. :)

@ shotgun. It's only "OP" in overcrowded pubs. :( It's not like it is tearing up clan matches. But you can still tell the "pros" from the "random new players" apart. :)
Thanks given by:
Lol I don't use the shotty anymore. Sniper Rifle is way better although people think you're hacking coz of all the headshots.
[Image: 20111016_20.51.39_Krizzly%27s_Funhouse_1...w=7cfaf3fe]
Thanks given by:
(19 Oct 11, 08:03PM)D1551D3N7 Wrote: Lol I don't use the shotty anymore. Sniper Rifle is way better although people think you're hacking coz of all the headshots.
[Image: 20111016_20.51.39_Krizzly%27s_Funhouse_1...w=7cfaf3fe]

The sniper is actually the worst i've ever seen (in all AC version and in all games i know)
Thanks given by:
I'm a sniper, and I score flags, I don't camp (that much), you don't notice the real "power" of the shotgun because most of the players don't use it with skill, but put it in capable hands it can easily own.

Get used to the change, because it's going to change in the new release all the weapons will change.
Thanks given by:
I just hope shotgunners burn in hell eternally next version and stay there <3

Nah but really, shotgunners was one of the reasons I'm done with pubs. That and the lack of competitiveness and skill of the players in servers now.
Thanks given by:
(19 Oct 11, 08:51PM).ExodusS* Wrote: The sniper is actually the worst i've ever seen (in all AC version and in all games i know)

Amen. And it's even moar annoying when you can't get headshots without a mouse.
Thanks given by:
I'm still using the Sniper...
Thanks given by:
(19 Oct 11, 08:51PM).ExodusS* Wrote: The sniper is actually the worst i've ever seen (in all AC version and in all games i know)

*Cough*=MyS=*Cough*
Thanks given by:
(19 Oct 11, 04:24PM)titiPT Wrote: There is no such thing as shotgun noobs. However, there are those noobs who keep yelling shitgun everytime they are mercilessly murdered. I say let's keep splating them.

Welcome to the forums!

Titi is on the ball!
Thanks given by:
Hi all, I think its well known my opinion on this and i want to add my support to such a honest and brilliant post. Dont blame my weopon choice for your own lack of skill, and yes thst what it is because over and over again when idiots keeps moaning I change to SMG or AR even snipper and pistol a couple of times with exactly the same results.

As for long range kills, I'm gonna come clean hear SG is a useless weopon at range but if someone has just finished fighting someone or is just low on HP its aloways worth a long range blast, after all if they only have 1 HP left they are gonna die even if i shoot em from the other side of the map. So thats exactly what i do i always shoot at someone even if they are miles away, you never know i may be fighting that person in 10 seconds or so and those few HP i took off may make the difference between a win and loss...

Shotgun FTW!
Thanks given by:
The shotgun in my opinion is the only weapon which is not only deserving of a nerf but can also dictate the weapon choice of the majority of the server if the map fits.
Example.
Game starts and weapon choice is evenly spread amongst the players. Mid match somebody with shotgun gets an instagib followed by several more. This is when others start selecting shotgun to counter the kill kill ratio and it becomes a simple game of point and click once to win lol. By the end of the match most people are using the shotgun lol.

Thanks given by: