Aurora shootings.
Of course many of you know that there was a shooting at "The Dark Night Rises" premiere in Aurora, Colorado. 12 were killed so far.

My thoughts go out to those effected by it.
Thanks given by:
Knight*
Thanks given by:
(20 Jul 12, 11:40PM)Kakarrot Wrote: Of course many of you know that there was a shooting at "The Dark Night Rises" premiere in Aurora, Colorado. 12 were killed so far.

My thoughts go out to those effected by it.

I was unaware of this. Btw, and leads so far?
Thanks given by:
I also heard that the gunman, James Holmes, had boobytrapped his apartment with bombs so the authorites couldn't get any evidence on the guy. It is also said he had BUCKETS AND BUCKETS of ammo for his assault rifle I think.

For those who don't know, click the photo in the spoiler!

>IMO he looks derpy

EDIT: Added spoiler and link to an article. \:D
Thanks given by:
(20 Jul 12, 11:58PM)Link Wrote: I also heard that the gunman, James Holmes, had boobytrapped his apartment with bombs so the authorites couldn't get any evidence on the guy. It is also said he had BUCKETS AND BUCKETS of ammo for his assault rifle I think.

IMO he looks derpy

[Image: 1342801511_james-holmes.jpg]

Da faq, Mr. Derpie going around with an AR and harming moviegoers at the theatre and claims he is the 'Joker' and y he be smiling? :/
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 12, 12:02AM)W@rr!0r Wrote: Da faq, Mr. Derpie going around with an AR and harming moviegoers at the theatre and claims he is the 'Joker' and y he be smiling :/

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Thanks given by:
ban guns, gg.
Thanks given by:
(20 Jul 12, 11:48PM)Link Wrote: Knight*
You are an asshole.
This guy activates an explosion (some say it was of tear gas, but there is no confirmation yet), and shoots into the audience. Some people did not initially flee because they thought it was part of the movie (the guy was able to enter the theatre unnoticed among the dressed up fanboys because he had a mask or a helmet). Rumor has it the number has escalated to 14, while some idiot made a prank call saying that another one was dead.
The fans' excitement building up to this movie, the work that Christopher Nolan and others have put into this (4 years of planning I believe), can all be overshadowed by the actions of one madman (possibly two, but that was unconfirmed).
And that is all you can post. Fuck you.

Anywho.
I saw a nice idea on reddit this morning - since most of the injured were children, teenagers, young people, etc., have Christian Bale come as the Batman to visit the 12/14 injured people, to sorta give these kids some hope/reassurance (since now some people will obviously associate this movie to the shootings - People have already begun selling their movie tickets in fear), that their "hero" is there for them. Whether this would actually happen, I don't know (I'm a bit skeptical), but it would be a nice gesture.

Edit:
(20 Jul 12, 11:58PM)Link Wrote: I also heard that the gunman, James Holmes, had boobytrapped his apartment with bombs so the authorites couldn't get any evidence on the guy.
No, he told them after he was arrested I believe.
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 12, 12:08AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: You are an asshole.
No, I believe YOU are the "asshole" here.

(21 Jul 12, 12:08AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: And that is all you can post. Fuck you.
WTF, I just provided all the info someone needs to find out, and you say that's all I can post and fuck me? Are you kidding me?

And I know you'll get butthurt when reading this, and may start a shitstorm. This is what you get for messing with the Hero of Time.
Thanks given by:
The suspect should go to a mental asylem.

Btw, you guys might be able to go shitmode because this is an Offtopic thread.
GL and HF!
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 12, 12:08AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: You are an asshole.

He wouldn't have been an asshole if he didn't post anything at all. You're reading only what you want to read.

But I guess I'm an asshole as well for posting anything other than condolences.
Thanks given by:
Let's not turn this thread into a flame war >.<
Anyway
I heard the called off a hole bunch of stuff involving the movie and even some theaters have police man guarding the entrances to the buildings and such.
Thanks given by:
(20 Jul 12, 11:58PM)Link Wrote: derpy

I hate it when people say that word, it annoys the sh!t outta me.

/ontopic: Last month I saw a movie on netflix that is just so similar to what had happend. Heres the trailer:
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 12, 12:04AM)Nightmare Wrote: ban guns, gg.
Thanks given by:
Apparently a three month old died at the shooting. Who takes a three month old to watch batman?
Thanks given by:
i heard about it today. Dreadfull state of afairs.
I heard the guy was a medical student too. :S
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 12, 03:08PM)Snoosnoo Wrote: Apparently a three month old died at the shooting. Who takes a three month old to watch batman?
Well, look at it the other way - would you rather have the parents leave him/her unattended at home? I think it might be too early to get a babysitter.
Thanks given by:
i_love_link

The shooter escaped from Arkham Asylum about a month ago. When the police interviewed the staff about his habits, it was noted his favorite activity was an obscure online game called AssaultCube.

NBC news caught up to an estranged user of the until now unknown game assaultcube. ShallowFlameZ stated he read on reddit about an invention called ice soap that allowed him to wash his ballsac without quitting the game. He then went on to ramble off some tired recycled memes about socially awkward animals.

It was the reporters opinion the user known as ShallowFlameZ should be placed in 72hr observation to determine he is not a threat to himself or any other users of the cult hit vidio game AssaultCube. It was ShallowFlameZ own comments on the games forums that sparked worry.

Source: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-5633-post...#pid103658

That is what you get for messing with the Hero of Time
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 12, 07:18PM)Bullpup Wrote: story
LOL
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 12, 06:57PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: would you rather have the parents leave him/her unattended at home?

I'd rather they left the child at a fire station.
Thanks given by:
Is the flick any good? If so: did he at least wait till the end of the movie before shooting?
Thanks given by:
No, 20 minutes in.
Thanks given by:
inb4 the shooting was staged as a publicity stunt
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 12, 11:03PM)Habluka Wrote: inb4 the shooting was staged as a publicity stunt
..err... Too far? :/
Thanks given by:
inb4 it started because a child was scared of the film, and the childs parents took them out through the alley.
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 12, 07:18PM)Bullpup Wrote: ...it was noted [the shooter's] favorite activity was an obscure online game called AssaultCube.
I'd just like to state, for the record, that this is categorically not true. It was AssaultCube Reloaded.
My condolences to the families of the ~150,000 people who died, worldwide, on 20 July.
Thanks given by:
(22 Jul 12, 08:12AM)jamz Wrote: It was AssaultCube Reloaded.

The gunman was Victor then.
Thanks given by:
The guy started with a shotgun, went to rifle with a drum, the drum jammed so he went to his pistol. Supposedly police thought he was S.W.A.T. because of his getup at first.
Thanks given by:
(22 Jul 12, 08:12AM)jamz Wrote: I'd just like to state, for the record, that this is categorically not true. It was AssaultCube Reloaded.
My condolences to the families of the ~150,000 people who died, worldwide, on 20 July.

Dat truth. lol.
Thanks given by:
:) LOL (:

"have Christian Bale come as the Batman to visit" -ShadowblameZ

Put yourself in the position of the children here....
-----------------------------------------------------------
(1) They were in a hellstorm of gunfire.
(2) The Batman was onscreen.

Im of the belief the two above facts would be intertwined into a single horrible memory pertaining to, or (linked) with that night.

now,

You want C.B. to come into a ward full of victims dressed in the single strongest trigger mechanism of PTSD they will ever know?
Thanks given by: