Another U.S. server reporting to TyD! Ladder (plus new match server)
Edit: Added match server. /connect match.wakawaka.ac, easy peasy.

Hello all,

Another U.S. server is reporting to the TyD! ladder and should appear in the list of servers shortly.

Simply /connect ladder.wakawaka.ac or find it on the master server with the other servers bearing the [AC Ladder] tag.

Waka Waka's servers are hosted in Dallas, Texas and should provide acceptable service to most users (while I haven't tested comprehensively, one user in the U.K. had a 125ms ping). More information is available at http://wakawaka.ac/

Suggestions for how the greater needs of the community can be fulfilled are always welcome. Some improvements are already planned, such as offering demo downloads via the website, providing contact information for admins, and writing a better maprot.

One thing I'm particularly interested in hearing about is whether another match server is needed and how it would ideally be configured. Are there enough already? Plenty, but not enough good ones?

See you in game. ;D
Thanks given by:
Ladder match server.
Counts victories, keeps tracks of games by clan, takes screenshots of result, all that funky shit that we clanners like. It could be like a league with use of !login system for authentication.
Anyway, good luck with your server!
Waka waka all the day!
Thanks given by:
More American match servers would be good I think. I can only call to mind Xenon's and the ny.dyhclan servers. Being from the UK myself I know I'd find 125 ping extremely playable in a match, so if you were to host one I'm sure it would get a fair amount of use (even moreso if you applied the hitreg fix)
Thanks given by:
^y u forget B} match servers?!

The more the better @ new match servers.
Thanks given by:
(20 Aug 12, 01:12PM)Nightmare Wrote: ^y u forget B} match servers?!

I thought ferric.tk was down? My apologies.

(20 Aug 12, 01:12PM)Nightmare Wrote: The more the better @ new match servers.

Agreed.
Thanks given by:
Excellent then. There may not be much time here for doing something like a ladder match server, but for now I'm mainly interested in providing a fast, stable (and, yes, hitreg fixed) match server if the people desire it.

I'm really mostly a pubber so I'm not sure what a match server's capacity should be. From what I've seen it tends to be six, yeah?
Thanks given by:
8-10 to give enough room for specs/large inters/cm's
Thanks given by:
6 players + 2 bench per team + some spectators and referees : 12-16 slots
Thanks given by:
SMASH! :)
Thanks given by:
Added a match server. /connect match.wakawaka.ac. 16 slots just in case anyone needs that much. Can't hurt. Try it for your next match and let us know what you think, won't you?
Thanks given by:
Does it use hit-reg fixing code?!
Thanks given by:
Yes, they're all hit-reg patched.
Thanks given by:
I'm getting a stable 70-73 ping there :) Hopefully it will run smoothly for people that don't live so close to it.
Thanks given by:
i get 90 ping, 100-120 on my servers (cause im farther away)
Thanks given by:
125 ping as promised! (but I was alone on the server). Very nice, I'll hopefully test these out soon :)
Thanks given by: