Assault cube iron sights?
Hey, I was just thinking about how cool assault cube would be with iron sights. you know, like reflex sights, eotech sights, laser-dot, iron, fixed, etc., just to make assault cube a little more realisitc. right-click to activate
Thanks given by:
No iron-sights, array of complex weaponry etc is what makes AC what it is. A few of your suggestions would push AC towards becoming like many other games out there, which many will be against.

Just a thought. AC is a simple game.
Thanks given by:
Dude, can you stop spamming this forum with suggestions that have already been discussed?

Use the search function here.
Thanks given by:
so THATS what its used for! thanks man, don't know my way around and might get lost! lol :)
Thanks given by:
This has been discussed before. But AC is too fast paced for this function. It would significantly slow game play and change the dynamics and hectic feel of the game, which is something I think no one wants. It's something I personally dislike in fps games in general. I do however enjoy iron sights in Splinter Cell and Thief (My two favorite series of games). But only in stealth games or slower paced more tactical games making use of cover (i.e. Killswitch, another one of my favorite games) is this really a useful feature.
Thanks given by:
I'd have to agree with Boomy here. Irons ights would just slow ac down tremendously and needlessly. Also, imo I think iron sights are just a pure distraction (eye candy basically, nothing else). Though if you still want iron sights, make a custom animation and tag it in the model's cfg file, as it's 'idle' animation. Be warned though, it will go away when you fire, and will be a nonstop pain in the ass of a distraction/annoyance.
Thanks given by:
No, we'd rather hip-fire our guns in the general direction of enemies because that is more realistic and also aiming slows you down
Thanks given by:
sorry, but that made no sense whatsoever. im pretty sure iron sights were invented for a reason.
[Image: 451215.jpg]
Thanks given by:
was kidding
this is basically what ac purists will tell you
u mad
Thanks given by:
Here is the funny thing, I bet we would get half the requests for ironsights and other similar things if we changed all the guns to a futuristic look and feel. No stat or programming changes, just media changes.
Thanks given by:
(04 Sep 13, 10:23PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Here is the funny thing, I bet we would get half the requests for ironsights and other similar things if we changed all the guns to a futuristic look and feel. No stat or programming changes, just media changes.

That can easily be arranged since I have some weapons already made (just not uvmapped or anything).
Thanks given by:
AC + Perks = <3
Thanks given by:
I don't feel like setting up a new thread, so can a request a Benelli M104 shotgun for a shotgun mod?
Thanks given by:
(05 Sep 13, 01:22AM)jarhead2000 Wrote: I don't feel like setting up a new thread, so can a request a Benelli M104 shotgun for a shotgun mod?

i dont feel like making one
Thanks given by:
(05 Sep 13, 01:22AM)jarhead2000 Wrote: I don't feel like setting up a new thread, so can a request a Benelli M104 shotgun for a shotgun mod?

...are you serious?
Thanks given by:
(04 Sep 13, 09:47PM)guywarblu Wrote: sorry, but that made no sense whatsoever. im pretty sure iron sights were invented for a reason.

Rifle sprinting doesn't make any sense either, it should be removed.
Also, reload times are way too quick for a real gun.
Also, there is no point to CTF. Why would we steal someone's flag for no reason? Remove it.
Also, when you die you should be CBL'd and banned from all servers. I mean, once you're dead, you're dead. You can't respawn in real life so why should we be able to respawn in AC?
Thanks given by:
Iron sights are for campers!
Thanks given by:
(05 Sep 13, 09:51AM)Cleaner Wrote: Iron sights are for campers!
/offtopic
Ain't nothin' wrong with campin'
/ontopic
No
Thanks given by:
(05 Sep 13, 07:41AM)Orynge Wrote:
(04 Sep 13, 09:47PM)guywarblu Wrote: sorry, but that made no sense whatsoever. im pretty sure iron sights were invented for a reason.

Also, there is no point to CTF. Why would we steal someone's flag for no reason? Remove it.
Also, when you die you should be CBL'd and banned from all servers. I mean, once you're dead, you're dead. You can't respawn in real life so why should we be able to respawn in AC?

/thread
Thanks given by:
You want more realism?
Buy a gun and go in Syria!
But why not to only 1 new weapon for AC 1.3...
Thanks given by:
(05 Sep 13, 05:08PM)Krayce Wrote: You want more realism?

Go to Syria first, and then buy a gun. I think the other way prolly won't work
:-P
Thanks given by:
[Image: Specialty_grenadepulldeath.png]
how about?
Thanks given by:
(07 Sep 13, 12:23PM)PolarHedgehog Wrote: [Image: Specialty_grenadepulldeath.png]
how about?

We already have that. :P
Thanks given by:
(06 Sep 13, 09:53AM)Boomhauer Wrote:

You need a gun the moment you step into Syria or you dead.
Thanks given by:
(07 Sep 13, 07:23PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote:
(06 Sep 13, 09:53AM)Boomhauer Wrote:

You need a gun the moment you step into Syria or you dead.

Who gives a fuck? It ain't the subject here.
Thanks given by:
The subject is a dead horse, Cleaner- "Who gives a fuck?" is correct!
Thanks given by:
(04 Sep 13, 03:33AM)Boomhauer Wrote: This has been discussed before. But AC is too fast paced for this function.

I stopped, and laughed. A lot.
Thanks given by:
(05 Sep 13, 07:41AM)Orynge Wrote:

well then i guess its a good thing i play ACR in hardcore-team-survivor!
Thanks given by:
stopped reading at ACR
Thanks given by:
(09 Sep 13, 04:20AM)guywarblu Wrote: well then i guess its a good thing i play ACR in hardcore-team-survivor!
Good to know that you have fun with that.
i don't actually care
/thread

EDIT: Oh, there used to be a V-Man script that could let you have ironsight-like things. It's on the old Akimbo somewhere, not sure if it's on the new Akimbo or not.
Thanks given by: