Looking back... :o
Hey what's up?
It's now been round about ten years since a bunch of little cubeheads started making this little mod. One of them was me.

Ten years is quite a while, and lots of things happen and change. One of the good things about getting older is, that you get the chance to get a little wiser as well...

I guess I should get to the point: I recently realized, that during the course of my active time in AC it looks like I was actually quite a dickhead to some people, more often than not. Little did I know myself. Not saying I totally knew myself by now, but well - I know a lot more at least c: (mainly words of latin origin describing my issues hehe).

So, to cut things short: To everyone I ever pissed off, to everyone I talked down or insulted, to everyone whose fun I spoiled by taking this whole thing far too personal and serious - my deepest and sincerest apologies.

I guess my personality got a little in the way of this project in cases. I think I was emposing my personal understanding of FPS gaming (and my pride) too much on this project without seeing the reality of the player's perception of the game (and the fact that it wasn't really the kind of game I thought it was). I recon this has let to some rather unpopular decisions made by me and the team (which I had quite some influence on as an elder dev) - but at the time, my stubborness prevented me from just letting things evolve naturally, and to listen to those who actually played the game on a daily basis (wich I did not so much, I´m afraid) - also those who put a lot of community work, hosting and other ways and means of dedication into it (namely all the active clans of the time, mappers, modders, etc.pp - you know who you are).

I recently got a mail that indicated a lot of people actually still seem to remember and hate me for my behaviour. This (among lots of other stuff that happened in the past years) got me quite thinking... A couple of weeks ago there was obviously a guy impostering me and trolling a modding site, which got another guy to look me up on the web (damn you google) and I guess he got the right impression of me. Not proud of that.

That`s basically all I wanted to get off my chest. Hope I didn't harm the game too much with all my bitching.

And finally to all who still enjoy playing this little game I just want to say: Hf & GL !!!

P.S.: In case I still have moderator/admin rights on this forum (post options seem to indicate), it might be sensible to just revoke them, since I`m retired anyways.
Thanks given by:
hello

ive never met you before but ive heard great and horrible things about you

pleasure to see you post again and thank you for helping create this game

truly yours

an idiot
Thanks given by:
Never late to learn from mistakes
Thanks given by:
Come back from retirement!
Thanks given by:
Did someone hacked makkE's account?
Thanks given by:
I never saw you as asshole although I remember you taking the fun out of some modded pub games by joining and bitching :D

What was really mean were the few high-res textures you showed but never finished :(
Thanks given by:
10 years of AC means one thing ... party !!!
Thanks given by:
makkE, you and your opinions that don't piss me off, are always welcome :)
Thanks given by:
makkE..... :')

Thanks for reminding me a bit of the old AC era nostalgia.... :')
Thanks given by:
Douze :s

Devs: pls read and see that he says you should listen to the community
Thanks given by:
makkE you're an old mate, nothing you do can be construed as bad.
Thanks given by:
At least, you make your apologies. Not like another dickhead dev who still bitching ;-)
Your post is an example to all mods/devs who take this project too personal...
Instead of listening to the community sometimes, I will not start a complain because it will change nothing yet!
So, I'd like to say that we'll accept your apologies and you deserve to keep some rights even if you do not contribute more;
And I'm waiting others mods/devs reaction in this brave act.
"Good Job Team!"
Thanks given by:
Good on you.

I'd counter with people should be passionate about what they believe, but I'm glad you've seen another point of view. We can all benefit to learn from it.
Thanks given by:
I must say I didn't really think too much when I posted this :) . I hope it won't stirr up any trouble for the active devs or reheat any old discussions.
Making decisions is never easy....

It's just my personal point of view in retrospect, this should not be understood as a criticism of whatever is going on right now, since I have no idea about what happened here after ca. 2010 anyways - more like a little confession I felt the need for personally, since I've been re-evaluating my past in general lately, after I solved some issues I had...

I´m not saying all I did was crap :) I know what good I have contributed. Unfortunately it got overshadowed by my personality quite often, and in the end it was my loss really, because I could have been more relaxed and simply enjoying the success the game had more...
Thanks given by:
You know, AC sorta kinda needs a refresh. Want to come back, maybe?
Thanks given by:
OMG, makkE has joined a sect, he has to purify himself...
Just kidding mate, you've never done me any harm and quite the contrary you've always been supportive and I thank you for the advices back then when I was modestly trying making models for AC
Thanks given by:
Bring back the HD graphics!
Thanks given by:
(03 Nov 14, 07:07PM)SKB Wrote: You know, AC sorta kinda needs a refresh. Want to come back, maybe?

THIS.
Thanks given by:
(03 Nov 14, 09:39PM)PhaNtom Wrote:
(03 Nov 14, 07:07PM)SKB Wrote: You know, AC sorta kinda needs a refresh. Want to come back, maybe?

THIS.

+2

Hi makkE, like cemer has said earlier, thank you for helping in the development of the game, and for everything you've ever done to contribute. I've only heard good things about you, and would like to possibly sit down and get to know you better one day.

~Wolf
Thanks given by:
Hey makkE,

Cant say I know you or about you but thanks for AC. 10 years of Ac, its time to party,

Cheers
--------------------------------------------------------------
I Screwed a Screw with a Screw Driver
Thanks given by: